You have to be smarter than the TV...

Started by jgp12000, May 03, 2023, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I know we have some very smart people on here,but I have to share this, it might help someone else. I worked in electronics 39 years and have seen a myriad of issues resolved on Windows based components corrected by simply cycling power on the component in question. In this case, we had rented a movie last night on Amazon(LG smart TV App) and when I pressed play on the magic remote the surround  receiver would switch from TV to BD ,no signal from TV. I use one HDMI cable on HDMI 2 to the surround receiver. The audio on the TV is set to HDMI 2 ARC/PCM. The You tube app worked normal,and Netflix did the same as Amazon. Earlier in the day we had a power glitch, but short enough not to lose any clock memory. Also, Cox internet had done a hardware update down the street. I learned along time ago to try the simple things 1st,don't make it complicated, don't overthink and yet I did. The LG TV is 4 years old, and the surround receiver is 10+.Well I tried the apps on another TV and they worked. I uninstalled/reinstalled the apps on the LG TV to no avail. I finally had to physically unplug the TV from the receptacle behind it and ta-da...We are going to watch the movie later tonight.   

David Hall

I hurts my head to even think about these things. Is very helpful to have my grandson available to sort it out for me.  :d

Bill B

Yeah I know your pain.  Here on the mountain power and internet can be sketchy.  So one morning I turn on the tv and the tv would power up but no signal.  A couple hours later my son comes down and asked why I was sitting in the dark.  I tell him something is wrong with the tv.  He walked over to the cable receiver, turned it on and BAM the tv worked. 

He started chuckling as he walked away until I reminded him I had to teach him how to use a spoon and had to changed his diaper every couple hours 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!