Hello from long island

Started by Captrichc, May 04, 2023, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captrichc

Quote from: kjdunne on May 05, 2023, 02:31:51 PMWelcome from S Jersey!  How about the new striper regs?  28-31 inches only!

Kal
OMG. 15 charters have canceled already. It's killing me. Lol

Captrichc

Quote from: bluefish69 on May 05, 2023, 03:33:33 PMHello CaptRich

I think that you have made a few rods for me in the past. Maybe even helped when another rod builder didn't do the proper build years ago. A friend of ours just had a few Newells serviced by me. Still working in the basement???

Mike in Queens
Yes sir that's me. Now in long island..

Captrichc

Quote from: Gfish on May 07, 2023, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: El Pescador on May 05, 2023, 03:39:04 PMCapt. Rich!

Welcome Here!!!!

Tell us more about your charter service.

Our son lives in Astoria, NY - we visit several times a year,

and NOT that I'm ready to leave my Beautiful & Growing Grandchildren anytime soon,

BUTT, I am itching to go fishing on a future trip that is for sure.

Wayne

Yeah, Welcome Captain. I am very much interested in the charter business. I've taken too many trips without understanding all the ins and outs of the business, maybe leading to bad judgement/wrong conclusions...?
thanks for reaching out. I run a 2001 pursuit and fish for everything in the water. From porgies to tuna.
Reelknottyboatcharters.com

Captrichc

Quote from: reelrepair123 on May 07, 2023, 12:16:52 AMcapt rich,   that thing you asked about was just something i had laying around, i put dowels into the   t   so it could spin the handle of the reel.   harryk
Hey Harry. Thanks for responding. How did you connect the T into the drill. Just a piece of dowel rod as well?

bluefish69

Hi Capt.

Your not far from the other Capt Richie that builds rods. He is in Merick off Sunrise Hywy. I have a few of his rods, he does nice work. I used to work deck in Freeport in the 80's till '90. Last boat in Freeport was the Capt. Doug. Went to SHB. in '15 & worked the Galley till '18 fished & Cooked. I don't fish anymore legs won't do it. I'm in Howard Beach N.Y.I just fix a few reels when they are brought to me or shipped to me.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Captrichc

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 27, 2023, 04:13:23 PMHi Capt.

Your not far from the other Capt Richie that builds rods. He is in Merick off Sunrise Hywy. I have a few of his rods, he does nice work. I used to work deck in Freeport in the 80's till '90. Last boat in Freeport was the Capt. Doug. Went to SHB. in '15 & worked the Galley till '18 fished & Cooked. I don't fish anymore legs won't do it. I'm in Howard Beach N.Y.I just fix a few reels when they are brought to me or shipped to me.

Mike

That awesome Mike, sorry to hear you can't fish anymore. If you ever want to get out just to get on the water, in the back bays, back to your happy place lol, let me know

bluefish69

Capt Richie

Thanks for the offer. I will survive on my memeries for a while. I do go back awhile in memories [Viking VII, 3 Capt Lou's, 2-Capt Gary's, Starstream & Capt Doug]. I was loaned out to every one. If you need something let me know I do like Newell reels but started with Penn reels in the 50's.

Mike

Captrichc

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 28, 2023, 05:00:41 PMCapt Richie

Thanks for the offer. I will survive on my memeries for a while. I do go back awhile in memories [Viking VII, 3 Capt Lou's, 2-Capt Gary's, Starstream & Capt Doug]. I was loaned out to every one. If you need something let me know I do like Newell reels but started with Penn reels in the 50's.

Mike

I've moved on from Newell reels. They were amazing and all I used for quite some time. Now I use okuma makaira reels for all of my big game fishing.

bluefish69

Hi Capt Richie

I know all the offshore guys are into that fancy stuff but I was always an inshore guy. When Jay Porter started making the off shore trips to the Tower that was as far as I went. So I guess I will stay with the Newells. I haven't been on a boat to fish in more than 5 yrs, I kind of gave up on the sport.I just gave a friend ALL MY GULP. Maybe over $200 worth. Sinkers are next & then the Lead not melted yet.

Mike Bluefish 

Captrichc

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 24, 2023, 03:37:08 PMHi Capt Richie

I know all the offshore guys are into that fancy stuff but I was always an inshore guy. When Jay Porter started making the off shore trips to the Tower that was as far as I went. So I guess I will stay with the Newells. I haven't been on a boat to fish in more than 5 yrs, I kind of gave up on the sport.I just gave a friend ALL MY GULP. Maybe over $200 worth. Sinkers are next & then the Lead not melted yet.

Mike Bluefish 

Want to sell the lead? I'd definitely be interested if you do.

bluefish69

I have 100 lbs of reclamed lead in ingots 1$ per lb or maybe 200 lbs $1.50 per lb. of new lead from a plumbing supply. I have flat diamond sinkers 25lbs of 6oz -- 50lbs of 8oz -- 25lbs of 10oz -- 25lbs of 12oz-- 25lbs of 16oz -- 23lbs of 24oz

Let me know everything is in Queens

all pre made sinkers are $40/25 lbs

fordfox

Welcome aboard Capt Rich! Lindenhurst here