Drag plate for Trini 40N / 40

Started by gone2fish, May 08, 2023, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gone2fish

Good day everyone

So.... I waited way too long.  I finally got around to upgrading my drag washers for my Trini 40 and 40N.  They have served us well.  But I want to upgrade the drag plates as well.  Sadly Cal is no longer making them for a while now.  Does anyone know where I can find them on the used market?

Thanks again.

JasonGotaProblem

Got part #s?

I'm kinda behind on outgoing shipments at the moment but I have a lot of parts for those reels.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

I could be wrong but I think Shimano upgraded them and are now a stock part.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gone2fish

Quote from: Keta on May 08, 2023, 01:06:41 PMI could be wrong but I think Shimano upgraded them and are now a stock part.

I'll check. But I thought they didn't have parts for the old Trinidads anymore?

I'll need to find schematics for that reel.  I kind of just work on it by memory when cleaning.  I don't know the part numbers off my head:)

Will search tonight.

Keta

That could be the case and one of the reasons I no longer buy Shimano reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gone2fish

Quote from: Keta on May 08, 2023, 03:27:48 PMThat could be the case and one of the reasons I no longer buy Shimano reels.

😂😂😂
Indeed. Makes sense

alantani

no need for different metal drag washers  just stick with carbontex drags and cal's grease and you won't have to worry. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gone2fish

Quote from: alantani on May 08, 2023, 10:21:15 PMno need for different metal drag washers  just stick with carbontex drags and cal's grease and you won't have to worry. 

👍🏼thanks