Torino III Reel

Started by buckfever, May 08, 2023, 10:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckfever

Does anyone know any history about this reel? I can't find anything online. Thank you!

alantani

don't know anything about the history, but it looks like an old mitchell!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Midway Tommy

It's an ultra light made by Zangi of Turin, Italy in the mid/late '50s. At the time it was a redesigned body style from their earlier bulkier straight line/arch end body style. It's supposed to weigh 8.11 oz and has a 3.9:1 gear ratio. It was the predecessor to the Ted Williams 310 & later higher speed TW 320 and Mosquito Kid.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

buckfever

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 09, 2023, 05:04:18 AMIt's an ultra light made by Zangi of Turin, Italy in the mid/late '50s. At the time it was a redesigned body style from their earlier bulkier straight line/arch end body style. It's supposed to weigh 8.11 oz and has a 3.9:1 gear ratio. It was the predecessor to the Ted Williams 310 & later higher speed TW 320 and Mosquito Kid.
Thanks Tom, amazing amount of knowledge! Now I can do some more research.

Midway Tommy

There was also a Torino, Torino I & Torino II which came out in the mid/late '50s. They were medium size and like the TW 410. Actually, the Torino III came out a little layer in the late 50s/early 60s.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

buckfever

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 09, 2023, 04:31:36 PMThere was also a Torino, Torino I & Torino II which came out in the mid/late '50s. They were medium size and like the TW 410. Actually, the Torino III came out a little layer in the late 50s/early 60s.
super interesting. Looks like I found the right guy to answer my question. Thanks again!