Avet reel clamp nuts

Started by buhrly, May 09, 2023, 04:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buhrly

Hi,
I have spent the last hour searching the web for a nut for the Avet ex4/02 reel seat clamp. Has anyone had success finding these or something that would work? I also want to swap a couple of the metal T handles out to plastic. The metal ones are a little cold up here in the north country. lol
 :d 

Keta

Avet sells them but it is a PIA to get parts now.   Call them at 818-576-9895 with the part number for a EX30 nut, 90C.  If you need the studs the part # is 90A.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

welcome!!!

i'm going from memory here, but i think that the threads are 1/4-20.  if you have a 1/4-20 nut, you should be able to confirm that. the long clamp nuts from accurate should work.  i'm not sure that avet uses 1/4-20 anymore. i think that they use a finer thread now.  i'm just not sure if it's 1/4-28.  it's definitely not 1/4-32.

if they are using 1/4-20, then the new penn international visx clamp should work, but it's massive and costs $50 for the full set.

for handle grips, i've got a bunch and they're really nice.  send a pm or email.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

buhrly

Thanks Alan!
I'll message ya.

JasonGotaProblem

If it's 1/4-20 wouldnt any stainless 1/4-20 nut work?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Ok, so a barrel nut? I have some 1/4-20 barrel nuts I'd give away free but they're aluminum.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

OMJ, thanks for the link  I was heading out to feed my birds when I saw thes thread.

Aluminum might work but the stock ones are stainless steel and bare aluminum does not work well when in contact with the stainless studs and saltwater unless greased.  I need to go to my shop this morning and check the thread but I think the studs are 1/4-20 on the reel and 1/4-24 on the nut.

Avet makes parts hard to get but a call to the number above (818-576-9895) will get you to where you can order them. I have a account with them and use e-mail but it can take several days to get the parts on the way.  I wish everyone was as easy to deal with as  Mystic Parts and Smooth Drag.  Parts usualy show up in the mail 3-5 days after I order.

Mark Twain

Keta

The stud thread is   1/4-20 in the reel and 1/4-28 in the bolt.

Mark Twain

kevin cozens

I had a Daiwa sealine 600h which had seized butterfly wingnuts.
In the end i just brough some M5x50MM stainless gutter bolts and wing nuts.
They done the job great. this will also work on a lot of the older penns like the old senators etc

alantani

a note about ordering anything from avet.  it's very difficult. 

what i do is to go to their website and pick out one of their current schematics and add a link to an email that i send to avet.  i give them a part number and quantity using the current schematic.  i also include my shipping info.  then i add in my complete credit card info.  it's everything needed for ANYONE to charge ANYTHING.  otherwise, the back and forth emails take literally forever.  it's sad that they don't have a secure method to charge parts, but it's the only way i've found to expedite things.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!