Need Old Penn 320 GTi help

Started by Lunker Larry, May 09, 2023, 06:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

I've got two of these reels on my bench. They both need worm, pawl and line guide. Found schematics  at Mystic and reelschematic.com but the numbering is different and the one from reelschematic.com doesn't even list those parts. The part numbers I've found do not jive with the schematics where I get my parts.
Also I've never seen a line guide like this and it is different than what is on the schematics.
I don't see many Penns but thought this was a bit peculiar and maybe very old reels.
Anyway, that's where I'm at and figured you Penn geeks  ;D must have seen this before.

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

akfish

I'm afraid you'll need to get newline guides as well as new pawls. The original line guides -- like yours -- used smaller pawls. Penn changes the line guides and pawls in about 1992 or 1993. The new line guides are better but pretty pricey.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Hardy Boy

I will have all of the parts needed. Just PM me and we can figure it out.

Todd
Todd

Lunker Larry

Thanks everyone.
Todd, I'll text you shortly.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

At folks come through again.
Todd got me fixed up.
Thanks all for your input.

Gfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 09, 2023, 07:11:42 PMI'll check the pile
[/quoted

Alright, "the pile". Is that the stuff you received from Keith?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Gfish on May 10, 2023, 07:29:12 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 09, 2023, 07:11:42 PMI'll check the pile

Alright, "the pile". Is that the stuff you received from Keith?
Yes of course. Just trying to keep it going.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.