Sealine X 40 drive shaft bearing

Started by snappercatcher, February 28, 2012, 04:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snappercatcher

Quote from: alantani on March 01, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
hard to say.  the map offers some indication.  most are from the us or europe.
Yes I like that map, it's kind of 3 dimensional if you look at it too long  ;D ;D

Cheers

alantani

talk about seeing 3-D !  i just finished a 12 hour shift, i come home and the wife and daughter are having a "talk," i knock down a scotch and i find out that the talk does not go well.  so much for getting a good night's sleep!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

snappercatcher

Irish Jigger

I much preferred a scotch to  having a "talk" with my daughter, my wife was much better at that than I was. ;)  "Talk" hangovers lasted longer. ;D

snappercatcher

Got the bearings today, thanks
Justin  :) they are all a good fit

cheers

redsetta

Great - get in touch anytime the need arises.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

snappercatcher

Quote from: redsetta on March 02, 2012, 02:13:25 AM
Great - get in touch anytime the need arises.
All the best, Justin
Thanks Justin and  Alan for your help
Ok bearings fit (waiting on washers and reel-x)  Looks like the- handle nut is a bit dodgy, might have stripped the threads a little but it seems tight enough at the moment  :-\ . Also there seems to be a bit of play  from the drive shaft. I'm sure there are a few bits missing ( o-ring & both Spacers on the cast control cap definitely ) But looks like the drive shaft assembly is all there. wonder if the new drags and also the one under the drive gear will tighten things up a tad?
Cheers Rod

alantani

not sure.  you're going to have to just put it together and see ............
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

snappercatcher

Yes it's running really smooth now, changed to carbonex washers, reel-x. There is a little play still but I don't think its an issue, fishing tomorrow for Kingfish so will be tested then  :o The handle nut.. guess loctite the only solution?

wallacewt

hi snapper
some of us here locktite the screw that holds on the t-handle and knob but not the handle nut.some may ???