F/V Sea Jay sinks

Started by Bill B, June 15, 2023, 06:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Just getting word the Sea Jay out of Hooks Landing in Oxnard, Ca sank last night.  All were rescued.  From the pictures looks like it hit something.  I will update as more information comes available.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

Thank goodness it was nice and calm. Glad all are safe.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Such a bummer. He worked really hard to be a boat owner/skipper
I was booked on 3 trips this summer on that boat
Glad everyone is safe
Do what you can with that you have where you are

PacRat

Crab Pot

My worse fear is fire on a long range or charter.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Keta

Quote from: Crab Pot on June 17, 2023, 04:57:35 PMMy worse fear is fire on a long range or charter.

Fire on any boat is bad.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CI_Seawolf

Fire at sea, a sailor's worst nightmare
Stay Classy!

Finest Kind

One time I was out hauling gear on a beautiful calm Saturday afternoon. A private yacht about 65' steamed past Eastbound down Long Island Sound. People relaxing on the foredeck and in the cockpit.A few minutes later a Mayday came over channel 16. A few miles East, a vessel was fully engulfed in flames. The same yacht. Another Lobsterman nearby got all eight passengers off safely. That boat went off like a roman candle. Burned to the waterline. There is a Coast Guard station a few miles away, by the time they arrived, there was nothing to be done. Carry plenty of fire extinguishers don't worry about minimum CG requirements.There isn't always a Lobsterman around when you need one!
John