Shimano 50w - stumper

Started by Marlinmate, June 16, 2023, 03:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Marlinmate

Spoke to Alan and he mentioned a RS pinion bearing....going to throw one in and see what happens.

Gfish

Interesting, the spool isn't moving when you lever it into direct-drive?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Is the pinion gear mated to the pressure plate?  Maybe your pinion gear is installed backwards.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marlinmate

Quote from: Gfish on June 16, 2023, 04:30:45 PMInteresting, the spool isn't moving when you lever it into direct-drive?

Nope....gets harder to reel the more drag you apply.   Feels like I"m reeling against the drag, but the spool isn't moving.

Gfish

I's talkin bout the sideways movement of the spool as the lever is moved forward, right? Sometimes I've put the drag cam in backwards, but this don't sound like that...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Marlinmate

I ended up replacing all the bearings.  And I think I got it fixed.  Must've been some corrosion in the bearings that wouldn't show itself until lateral pressure presented itself.