Rescue of Dam Quick 275 Frankenstein Reel from another pile of reels

Started by Fishgolfman, June 17, 2023, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

There is a Benora 8 page thread of my rescue of a Benora 2 speed. Old man joe interjected about DQ 275 which Fred has highlighted on origin and parts decription.
Anyways this a documentation of another rescue journey.

Spotted a lot of reels for sale on ebay. The benora was in there as well.In the pile was this DQ franken reel with the red button. Curiously noted a repaired stem and odd screws into body. Real did turn and had no anti reverse just forward. Took apart and determined rotor and bail was still good though missing parts. The two speed system seemed to work as shown and was concordant with Freds detailed description. Miraculously Fred had a body for 275. voila things fitted well and works. Of course in my communications forgot a reel stem, screw, bail bumper and bail housing sheath. Have asked fred for them. Hopefully complete soon. Love rescuing reels

oldmanjoe

I wounder what kind of story that reel can tell ..

Broken reel foot and repaired with worm clamp and bolt , modified 270 case .
  What  is the 2 sheet metal screws holding ,a block under the oscillating gear ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Fishgolfman

It was make shift to hold the gear.The body was a 270 not a 275 what a jerry rigged reel mess.

JasonGotaProblem

Quite a mess indeed. But it looks like it worked. So someone had pulled off a successful hack.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Fishgolfman on June 20, 2023, 02:30:57 AMIt was make shift to hold the gear.The body was a 270 not a 275 what a jerry rigged reel mess.
I still don`t know what the block was in there for .  The 270 and the 275 case are the same casting .  The only difference is the 275 case is drilled for the anti reverse cam and drilled for a rivet for the anti reverse dog lever .      Unless the pin was broken for the oscillating gear and the block was used to make a pin boss .  It dose not appear to be used as a anti reverse mechanism .

Lets see more pictures , the one`s you have posted are hiding the mystery  of the block !!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Fishgolfman

I think i saved the body in a pile. Will take pics if i find it

Fishgolfman

Found the modified body