Avet JX handle replacement question

Started by keith91, May 05, 2009, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith91

Hi Alan,

I finally got around to replacing my Avet JX handle with your 4/0 handle last night.  I was able to drill out the rivet connection ok.  What I noticed though was that the hole after removing the stock handle spindle was much larger than the diameter of the bolt included with your 4/0 handle to attach it to the arm.  The hole was not big enough that the head of the bolt would fit through, so I was able to attach your handle.  And I snugged it down tight, so it is not moving.  But my concern is that if it does come loose just a little bit while fighting a fish, that the gap around the bolt will not support the bolt properly and cause it to loosen considerably or damage the handle arm.

Have you put anything in the hole or over the bolt to take up this gap?

Thanks for any help.

Keith

alantani

keith, an inside sleeve would be the first answer.  local hobby shops have a fairly wide selection of aluminum and brass tubing.  i really do not like the new avet rubber handle grip.  the best solution is to get one of the handle arms with the old aluminum grip.  i would ask avet for help in this regard, but i don't think that this is something that they are interested in.  please let me know if you have a problem.  oh, and keep a 1/8th allen wrench with you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

keith91

Quote from: alantani on May 05, 2009, 05:34:05 PM
keith, an inside sleeve would be the first answer.  local hobby shops have a fairly wide selection of aluminum and brass tubing.  i really do not like the new avet rubber handle grip.  the best solution is to get one of the handle arms with the old aluminum grip.  i would ask avet for help in this regard, but i don't think that this is something that they are interested in.  please let me know if you have a problem.  oh, and keep a 1/8th allen wrench with you.  alan

Thanks Alan.  I did not think there was an easy solution.  I will try to see about sleeve possibility.