DAM quick 1001 Repair? Or Sell?

Started by Shorty, June 25, 2023, 01:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty

Hi, new member in Denver. I have a previously perfect little Quick 1001 that no longer closes the bail when the handle is cranked. The bail closes nicely when the chrome lever is triggered, so springs are ok.
Can this be fixed? Are parts available?
I am open to selling it as well.
Shorty

Fishgolfman

Definitely repairable. Take pictures of the reel with spool off to see if something broken. Fred Oakes here is the expert and parts supplier.

Shorty

Here is an internal pic. I'm not sure what is supposed to trip the flat spring that closes the bale. TIA!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Bob —-

Easy fix.

What is missing is a silicone brake ring that goes on the inner portion of the stop lever.

They degenerate after every 30 years, or so.

You just need to:

Remove the sideplate
Pull out the oscillation slide
Remove the spool shaft
Remove the hexagon rotor nut
Remove the spring cover
Remove the bridge plate
Remove the external/internal stop lever
Install the new silicone brake ring where I have indicated

Reassemble.

Guarantee you will have a reel with a strong bail snap and recovery.

PM me your best mailing information —- and I will mail a new ring out tomorrow —- N/C.

Or, I will buy your reel from you.

But if you have a use for the reel —- this will take care of the issue.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, Shorty, from Minnesota.  Looks like you hit the jackpot already on getting help for that DQ!

Frank