Main Menu

Newbie.

Started by Flat Top, June 25, 2023, 04:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat Top

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello all. I have been perusing this forum for a while now and the info I have found here is priceless. I dont think there is any forum out there that has the wealth of information that Alan Tani Reel Repair has...not even close.

I started fishing with grandpa (catfish on the Wabash River in Ill) when I was just a kid. He bought me my first reel, a Pflueger Akron. He used nothing but conventional reels and started his grandson out the same way. At seven years old I never mastered the art of casting that little reel and just dropped it over the side of grandpas boat and hoped for the best.

I am 75 years old now and have used Penn conventionals near exclusively for my entire life and finally had enough time and experience under my belt to educate my thumb and get a decent cast every now and then.

I have always serviced and repaired my own reels and rods but I wont pretend to know everything and thats why I am here.

George.
Overkill....is way underrated.

Brewcrafter

Welcome George from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, George!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

"Overkill is way underrated". I love it! Welcome flattop George!

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Yes George great community here, I did`nt know anything about reels when I joined, they are all very helpfull, they have given me enthusiasm, to do many things besides rods & Reels, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers  Don.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Greetings, Flatty, from Minnesota.

Frank

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Flat Top

Thank you for the warm welcome!!!
Overkill....is way underrated.

Bill B

Welcome George.  Good to have you here. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

DON3099

Welcome George, from the comcrete jungle Philadelphia PA USA