do you know this new product...?

Started by MexicanGulf, June 28, 2023, 06:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boon

Woah. No, didn't know about that, but I absolutely want a gunsmoke one for my Mak15T SEA.

Also, what's the source on the image? Instagram somewhere? I want to know more :)

jtwill98

Not sure about that specific handle but the 2023 Makaira Rapid Crank looks interesting -- , especially for those deep-fishing.   

MexicanGulf

We need someone to email Okuma USA, I'd be very interested in buying a pair. Looks like it's a Japanese market version.

ExcessiveAngler

I'm surprised they haven't made this a universal product, maybe they will in the future for other reels!
This would be very useful for anybody, that wanted to spool up their big game reels!
Maybe, like everything else, somebody will find a way to modify this thing for different reels, or as a line spooler!

MexicanGulf

The longer crank compared to the standard one, do you think it is a valid solution?

boon

Quote from: MexicanGulf on November 08, 2023, 10:38:48 PMThe longer crank compared to the standard one, do you think it is a valid solution?

I got one for my Mak15T.

It is absolutely enormous, for a start.
Is it a good upgrade? I think so.
Is it necessary, when all the Makairas have a decent T-Bar from the factor? Probably not.

It is extremely expensive.

MexicanGulf

This arrived today for my okuma makaira 50II silver
 :D  :D  :D

boon

Good luck getting the snap ring out of the shifter, man that was tricky...

Nice upgrade though :)

MexicanGulf

Quote from: boon on February 08, 2024, 01:31:34 AMGood luck getting the snap ring out of the shifter, man that was tricky...

Nice upgrade though :)

let's see what happens !!!