Skiiny Water Sled

Started by Rivverrat, July 03, 2023, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I've ran about every type boat on the rivers here in Kansas & Missouri.

I'm looking at used jet boats. A bare, hull with blown, or no motor would be fine.

A sled type boat is what I'm looking for.  Boat needs to be capable of 35 mph without struggle & have a 6 - 10 degree deadrise in the bottom.

The hull sheet / plate will need to be at least 3/16" 1/4" more better.   All my river boats have serious air time.  From jumping logs & sanbars.

16' -20' long inboard or ouboard. With bottom being 5' - 7' wide. If any know of a boat that fits description please let me know or ...

If any can steer me to  honest boat dealers that deal in used jet boats in the Oregon, Seattle area or any where else

I would be very grateful... Jeff

Keta

Quote from: Rivverrat on July 03, 2023, 09:56:46 PMI've ran about every type boat on the rivers here in Kansas & Missouri.

I'm looking at used jet boats. A bare, hull with blown, or no motor would be fine.

A sled type boat is what I'm looking for.  Boat needs to be capable of 35 mph without struggle & have a 6 - 10 degree deadrise in the bottom.

The hull sheet / plate will need to be at least 3/16" 1/4" more better.   All my river boats have serious air time.  From jumping logs & sanbars.

16' -20' long inboard or ouboard. With bottom being 5' - 7' wide. If any know of a boat that fits description please let me know or ...

If any can steer me to  honest boat dealers that deal in used jet boats in the Oregon, Seattle area or any where else

I would be very grateful... Jeff

I run a 14' johnboat with a mid '70s Johnson 35hp 2 stroke on the Rogue and Umpqua rivers in Oregon.  You could upsize something like it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Lee, I've ran the mass produced jon boats.

They work but are to lite of a build.

I am leaning towards an outboard jet. With the loads I'll haul ill be looking at least 150 hp.

Keta

Willy Boat or Koffler would be 2 I would consider but there are several.

Call Ron at Pelican Marina in KF.  He is honest as well as a friend.

541-882-5834
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Keta, thanx 4 pn. number & vouching for them. This is the info I'm looking for. I'm familiar with both Koffler & Willy's.

Think they both got their start making super nice drift boats... Jeff