Post Your Garage Sale, Craigslist, Facebook Finds Here

Started by Crab Pot, July 14, 2023, 11:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Seeing how I go to garage sales every chance I get, the wife and I call it "Sailing", and post what I find. I figured why not everyone share there non-retail gems on this thread.

Today's find, which I never would have sought to buy, is a Penn Leveline 350.

Started at $25, after multiple "I don't want it" he said $10 so I said ok.

A bit pitted but mild. Some green fuzz. Works though!

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

JasonGotaProblem

Those have a really cool and robust levelwind mechanism I have a clean one. Really weak drag though.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crab Pot

When I searched "garage sale" it came up with a lot of threads on a lot of different subsections.

Thought it would easier to centralize under one banner. Besides, not every garage sale find is going to be a Penn.

Moderators, if you feel this is redundant please delete.

Keta

Not a large number of saltwater fishermen where I live and most fishermen by low price/low quality combo rod and reels and toss them when they start causing problems so not many scores.  The stuff that you do find is crazy over priced  like a 114H with a cracked drive side sideplate for $200.  Mary did find a severely abused 349 at a thrift shop she got me for $20.00.  It looked like it was fished 1 time and stored for 30 years with out rinsing the salt off.  Internaly it was in like new shape. 

I salvaged what was usable and several years later stumbled into several NIB rings so I "restored" the reel. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crab Pot

We have our "proud owners" as well Lee.

Being so close to the ocean we get a variety of most saltwater reels from mint to WTH condition.

Just got back from another sale where I picked up a Surfmaster 150 and a Jigmaster Bakelite (SP?) spool.
$15 for both.

It's in the Salt-X now, will post pictures once it finishes soaking. Seat is pitted but the rest looks great and everything works.