Dam Quick 3000-opened up and found this

Started by Fishgolfman, July 16, 2023, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Trying to restore to functional. What is copper washer and where does it belong?? Obviously the reel did not have a c clip to hold connection arm to gear. Hopefully other parts i have from Fred! Also the bail system is it manual or click over?

foakes

You need (2) of these copper washers, Stephen —-

Plus a "C" clip keeper.

The washers go on both sides of the connecting arm where it attaches to the main gear.  The "C" clip locks it in place.

I will send these to you, N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

Also the bail system is it manual or click over?
 IT`s both , it just might be gummed up if it`s flipping over
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Fishgolfman

I was able to fix with parts I found from other DAM quick reels. Yes bail is now working. Just all gummed up with the grease that people seem to love in saltwater reels