Looking for vintage side plates

Started by Crab Pot, July 19, 2023, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

I am a wood worker and I have a project in mind that will require non-handle plates, black, the ones with art work.

Looking for Beachmaster, Sufrmaster, Squider size, but tell be what you have.

Spool tensioner and clicker knobs hardware a must.

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

JasonGotaProblem

I got some surfmaster ones. Aren't those the same as the beachmaster?. I don't think I have any squidder reels or major components. At least not that I've seen.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 19, 2023, 01:29:43 AMI got some surfmaster ones. Aren't those the same as the beachmaster?. I don't think I have any squidder reels or major components. At least not that I've seen.

Not sure, looking at my Surfmaster and Squider they have the same art but the text calls out what model they are.

My 155 is blank.

Not sure if different production phases had different art on the side or not?

I know side plate art was different over the years.

Does anyone know if there is a website or book detailing the side plate art over the years?

What ya got?

JasonGotaProblem

I got a lighthouse sideplate for sure, and probably others. I've got like 30# of sideplates.

I'll send one at a cost of "make me one"
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 19, 2023, 02:18:12 AMI got a lighthouse sideplate for sure, and probably others. I've got like 30# of sideplates.

I'll send one at a cost of "make me one"

I need about 24!

Text me pictures of what you have.

steelfish

Quote from: Crab Pot on July 19, 2023, 12:36:46 AMI am a wood worker and I have a project in mind that will require non-handle plates, black, the ones with art work.
Steve

looking forward to see your final project
The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

Someone has to have old non-handle Penn art side plates.  8)

foakes

Tell us what you have in mind for a project —-

And exactly what you want, Steve —-

Many of us have sideplates. 

I got rid of about 350 new plates 3 years ago to a dealer.

But I may have a few more lying around.

And others do also.

We just need to see what you are doing and how we might help without sending a bunch of photos back and forth —- and not knowing what you are planning.

The other side of the coin is:  many of us do not want to just send out sideplates unless they are going on a reel to make it ready for the salt.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crab Pot

I'll be making a clock on an old ships wheel for the man cave.

I need non-handle side, black plates, with vintage art on them.

Squidder, Surfmaster, or Delmar size. Eight total with bearing cover and clicker knob.

I need four 6/0 sized of the same as above. I don't know what models that size had art but I'll look them up.

foakes

Sounds like a great project, Steve —- I will check to see if I have anything.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

You might check out Long Beach reels too, lots of different scenes on those
Do what you can with that you have where you are