Needed a More Efficient Bench Top Pliers Rack

Started by foakes, July 20, 2023, 03:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Made a better pliers rack out of scrap wood today.

It rotates 360° —- only tools that are routinely used are on either Lazy-Susan, and the West wall.

Any tools not ever used —- are out in the other shops.

This is the cockpit.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

redsetta

Love it Fred!
It's actually a great reflection on your quote about enjoying the little things in life.
A good workspace is one of life's great joys.
Thanks for sharing - and for the inspiration!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

jtwill98

Nice!  I'm just surprised you don't have one of those bread racks from subway to hold your work trays. 

One of these: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/regency-10-pan-end-load-half-height-bun-sheet-pan-rack-unassembled/600PR103K.html

;D  :d

Midway Tommy

Quote from: jtwill98 on July 20, 2023, 12:52:11 PMNice!  I'm just surprised you don't have one of those bread racks from subway to hold your work trays. 

One of these: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/regency-10-pan-end-load-half-height-bun-sheet-pan-rack-unassembled/600PR103K.html

If I had one of those I'd bump into it, or maybe knock it over, and have scattered & mixed up parts all over the place that I'd spend hours sorting out.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Fred, you're a living example of an organized person     :al
The Baja Guy

foakes

Quote from: jtwill98 on July 20, 2023, 12:52:11 PMNice!  I'm just surprised you don't have one of those bread racks from subway to hold your work trays. 

I have tried one of those about 15 years ago, John —-

But for me, it didn't work.  I guess I am a visual person —- and when the trays underneath were not out in the open —- it was just like having them in a drawer or cupboard. 

Plus, my shop is small.

My little room is 12' X 11'.  After building a wall of cabinets on the North side that holds (40) 27 quart totes of reels, an 8' X 3' working bench on the South side, plus organized parts floor to ceiling on the South, East, and West walls —- it is down to about 9' X 8' of floor space.  This would get in my way and just be clutter.

For me, just best to operate on one, maybe (2) patients at a time.

Any more than that clutters and slows down the line.

This is just the working shop —- I have 10 times this many parts in (5) other locations.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jtwill98

I was funning. You have a nice setup, if only I was as organized.