DIY light box

Started by JasonGotaProblem, July 20, 2023, 01:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

I've decided I need better pics of the stuff I'm trying to sell. So I built a light box. I just took a sturdy cardboard box, painted the inside white, cut a poster board to the correct width, and put it across bottom and back with a curve to hide the corner. I then used 2 stick-on LED lights to convert from "white box" to "light box"

Not the primary purpose of the thread but it's pictured anyway: Anyone wanna buy an Everol? I have 2, but only need one. I have it listed for 300 OBO on CL but offers from the Ohana would be considered more favorably.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

That came out nice. My pictures are usually horrible, I'll have to try that
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonGotaProblem

They sell a version of this online. But because I already had a box and white paint, i paid $4 for the lights and $1 for the poster board.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

nice job, I dont sell many things or I would copy that box
The Baja Guy

philaroman

needs glitter  ;D ;D ;D

seriously, great results...  mebbe, throw a ruler in there

foakes

Nothing better than good, clear photos, Jason —-

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

A clear, sharp, well lighted photo with little or no shading is worth 10 times that number.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

boon

Great start, add a diffuser to your lights and you'll get rid of those bright spots and get more even lighting.

Photography nerd too: close up your aperture some, you have arguably too much depth-of-field for product shots. e.g in the second shot the sideplate is nice and sharp but the handle grip is completely out of focus.

EDIT: Not trying to be critical, I think you're so close to an awesome outcome, just my 2c on what might get you closer.

Crab Pot

Buy it nice or buy it twice.