I've got a D-A-M Problem Now....

Started by Crab Pot, July 20, 2023, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

So after following foates (Fred) I've now become addicted to collecting DAM Quick spinning reels and I'm delving into vintage Penn spinners too.

Though these are not garage sale reels I did score them at a third or less of the cost then what Ebay sales/non-sales are going for.

I got them off Facebook Marketplace.

So far I have two 270 Model reels and one has the click-o-matic line counter.

The other is a 550.

The straight up model 270 has a bail issue but the other two work just fine.

I have a 330 inbound as well.

-----------------

Fred,

I didn't realize the fish logo was a decal/sticker.

The one on my 550 is gone, see last photo.

You wouldn't happen to have a NOS in your multitude of boxes would you?

I'd like to send the 270 with the bail issue for you to evaluate what parts are needed to make it right again. Hopefully you'll have the parts I can buy and can send it back so I can do the repairs (I need to learn).

Of course I'll pay the shipping and for your diagnosis.

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

JasonGotaProblem

Man this site hit you like a ton of bricks. And I thought I had it bad.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 21, 2023, 12:37:24 AMMan this site hit you like a ton of bricks. And I thought I had it bad.

I've been registered at AT.com 5 years Jason but I always was a guest prior to 2018.

Guess I was a lurker because all I did was read, but I was collecting way before 2018.

:d

foakes

You can go ahead and send it, Steve —-

However, we can probably figure it out online pretty close, and I can send you the parts.  This would save you about $24 in shipping, and my diagnosis time is the same as restoring a reel —- because by the time I get into it —- remove the grease and crud —- review and troubleshoot, and make sure parts fit from 4 variations of Supers —- it is the same or more than actually completing the reel.

I should have an emblem.

PM me your full mailing information.  I will put it in the mail tomorrow.

Reel backlog was close to 100 reels from around the globe.

Down to about 55 now.  Completed (6) today.  Penns & DQ's.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 21, 2023, 12:37:24 AMMan this site hit you like a ton of bricks. And I thought I had it bad.

Dang Jason, I'm senior to you!

Just don't have as much to say as you.  ;)

--------------

Fred,

I'll shoot you a PM latter!

JasonGotaProblem

I do all this from my phone. When it's held vertically you cant see people's post count. Every now and then I turn my phone sideways and realize how excessive I am. But then i see a shiny object and forget my shame again.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.