Greetings from Roseville! Two quick questions....

Started by GrizzlyCA, July 22, 2023, 01:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyCA

Everyone, thank you for the warm welcome! I got my reels over to Alan. I think I am set now. Now to figure out how I can get more time fishing! :)

GrizzlyCA

Quote from: alantani on July 22, 2023, 05:58:59 AMi'm working on reels, but it's pretty hectic.  someone at fisherman's warehouse should still have parts!

Quote from: alantani on August 07, 2023, 06:25:16 AMquinn, it was great talking to you.  let me know what you want to do with those reels!!!

Alan, thank you so much! I shipped them to you last week and will message you. I can stop by and pick up when ready. Thank you so so much for a great and educational conversation! you just got me started!!! LOL

alantani

Quote from: GrizzlyCA on August 29, 2023, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: alantani on July 22, 2023, 05:58:59 AMi'm working on reels, but it's pretty hectic.  someone at fisherman's warehouse should still have parts!

Quote from: alantani on August 07, 2023, 06:25:16 AMquinn, it was great talking to you.  let me know what you want to do with those reels!!!

Alan, thank you so much! I shipped them to you last week and will message you. I can stop by and pick up when ready. Thank you so so much for a great and educational conversation! you just got me started!!! LOL

It's gonna be a while.  Don't br shy about pinging me if the time is getting close.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Quinn

I used to frequent Roseville since I have an office in Auburn. Hopefully, I will be back up there soon.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

GrizzlyCA

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 30, 2023, 01:54:44 AMWelcome Quinn

I used to frequent Roseville since I have an office in Auburn. Hopefully, I will be back up there soon.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan! I am the newb here...Hope to learn the basics of reel repair over time and get more time fishing the salt :)

Gfish

Sssssssup, Quinn! You know my friends, the Neeley's from
Roseville? I know, stupid question. I was gonna say if you store those high quality reels for awhile, make sure there's no water inside.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

johndtuttle

To answer your question about storage (Alan has already probably done so): Store them after a complete service!

The time to discover your reel has saltwater in a bad place (or did) is not after a year in the garage when you pull them out to go Long Range again. During the trip and when rinsing off the reels is where some salt gets deeper inside. Don't let it do its worst for months.

Getting them serviced when you get home means they are gtg for unlimited storage. More than one guy has sent them in to Alan a year from getting back from a trip and right before the next one and then discovering serious issues from neglect that should've been addressed sooner.

If the reels were fully serviced after the trip then when the next one comes around just a little oil here and there in the standard trouble spots on the outside (handle, etc) and you are ready to fish.  8)