Greetings from Roseville! Two quick questions....

Started by GrizzlyCA, July 22, 2023, 01:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyCA

Hi All, thank you for allowing me to join this group! My name is Quinn and my son and I love to fish fresh and salt. I am interested in learning how to work on my own reels and doing some of the charters and Long Range trips with you all.

I have two questions that are pretty newb, so forgive me.
1. First, I just returned from a great three day trip on the Islander with my son (close to limits). I have slowly invested in good equipment and I am looking for advice on how to store our reels (Shimano and Avet). I know to put them in free spool, and I have the large avet reel case they will all go in. Most are new, so they have yet to be serviced.

2. My second question is, if Alan or someone local enough to me is still servicing reels. I would like to get a few mods done and we are going to do another trip potentially this fall or early winter.

Thank you everyone for the help and dealing with a newb! :)

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

If star drags, back off the drag to keep the drag washers from being compressed. I turn the clicker on as well.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Crab Pot

Howdy Neighbor, I'm right next to you in Citrus Heights.

I'm new to reel maintenance but I know enough to be dangerous.

Always looking for a new fishing buddy.

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Brewcrafter

alantani

i'm working on reels, but it's pretty hectic.  someone at fisherman's warehouse should still have parts!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Hi Quinn & welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

GrizzlyCA

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am packing up my long range gear this morning. Great to be part of this group!

GrizzlyCA

Quote from: Crab Pot on July 22, 2023, 03:37:26 AMHowdy Neighbor, I'm right next to you in Citrus Heights.

I'm new to reel maintenance but I know enough to be dangerous.

Always looking for a new fishing buddy.

Steve

Hi Steve, shoot me a PM. My son and I are off to fish the delta tomorrow  :fish

Crab Pot

Quote from: GrizzlyCA on July 22, 2023, 05:38:33 PMI am packing up my long range gear this morning.

Details!

I'll shoot you a PM in a few Gizz.

Wife and I are going get our "garage sale" on before we get any closer to the sun...

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Jim Fujitani

Hi!  Another neighbor!

For servicing closer than the bay area, give Spencer a call at Pacific Extreme Sports 916-646-3474, 4701 24th Street suite D, Sacramento.  Spencer is an authorized Accurate Service provider and can also service most reels.

I have cut way back on my trips, but love to read reports and see some of the fine work done by members of Reel Ohana.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

quinn, it was great talking to you.  let me know what you want to do with those reels!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dj. Dubé

Quote from: GrizzlyCA on July 22, 2023, 01:55:57 AMHi All, thank you for allowing me to join this group! My name is Quinn and my son and I love to fish fresh and salt. I am interested in learning how to work on my own reels and doing some of the charters and Long Range trips with you all.

I have two questions that are pretty newb, so forgive me.
1. First, I just returned from a great three day trip on the Islander with my son (close to limits). I have slowly invested in good equipment and I am looking for advice on how to store our reels (Shimano and Avet). I know to put them in free spool, and I have the large avet reel case they will all go in. Most are new, so they have yet to be serviced.

2. My second question is, if Alan or someone local enough to me is still servicing reels. I would like to get a few mods done and we are going to do another trip potentially this fall or early winter.

Thank you everyone for the help and dealing with a newb! :)