penn 114h

Started by lumberjack, July 24, 2023, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack

Reel was not free spooling on its own. I would have to pull the line out to make it drop down.
So I took it apart and pinion gear was frozen on the shaft,so finally got it free and now i ordered a new #26 right hand bearing . I cant get the old bearing out of the cup. Have been soaking it for a day now with PB Blaster.
Any Ideas how to get the bearing out of the cup? I dont want to damage the cup because i plan on re-using it, as i only ordered the bearings.
thanks for any help :

Swami805

Those can be a bear to get out. There's a stickied thread on here somewhere with a load if different strategies. Never figured out posting a link but poke around a little, shouldn't be hard to find
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cuttyhunker

There are 2 versions of the "cup", do not know if the bearing are identical
Doomed from childhood

Maxed Out

When you say the right hand bearing cup, I'm assuming it's the handle sideplate bearing. Make your own hillbilly bearing puller. I've used a pull pin from a fire extinguisher with a tiny 90° bend on the end, or a small finishing nail with a tiny 90° bend on the tip
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

I also use Ted's bent nail method, sometimes just pulling on the bearing gets nowhere. That's when you clamp a pair of vise grips onto the nail and tap up lightly with a hammer. The impact really helps. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~