dragmaster carbon fiber drags

Started by Toehi, March 02, 2012, 04:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on October 24, 2013, 02:18:52 AM
The exact opposite of my dealing with Smooth Drag.  Were you dealing with Dragonmaster or someone selling their products?

I agree! Dawn at smooth drags is great to deal with.
For laminated sheets, Erik at cfDrags is the best, he has never let me down. 
Scotts and Reely-gone have also been great to deal with.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

keneke

Yes I should have gone with SmoothDrag which I have been reading is a very reputable company. How could I have known that Dragmaster would end up with it getting lost. It was really not the seller's fault that it got lost in shipping, so a neutral rating was just that, I did not receive it. Yeah maybe I would have gotten my washers if I had filed a dispute and left it at that, but the way EB is set up, a rating is what the email that was sent to me asked for so I did that first. I filed the dispute later when I saw that I could. As far as Sharkhunter's opinion, that's fine, we are all entitled to one and yes we all work hard at our jobs and want what is best for whatever benefits us the most. A neutral rating is not a death sentence and I just said I did not get it. Now why would I give a positive rating for something I did not get that I had paid hard earned money for?  The seller just earned easy money and I should be positive about it? That is not how I see it, but EB is not the greatest place to buy from. You have to commit to things that sometimes you find out you do not really want.

Shark Hunter

I checked out their site and all they really have is stuff for the smaller Penns. Smaller than anything I got! I wish Dawn could carry the bigger senator drags. Scotts is making a fortune off me.
Maybe with these new sheets, I can make all my drags from them.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I'm not trying to push any buttons Keneke, I just think you should have gone a different route.
I know ebay can be a pain. I've been on both ends before, Selling and buying.
The thing with ebay, is that they have everything. I can't stay away!
I know the ins and outs, and have made quite a good chunk of change selling.
I can honestly say that I have never been burned. You have to play their little game.
The seller sent you a nasty email, you left him neutral feedback that will now be on his record for a year.
Now you filed a dispute to get your drags, but the feedback remains. see what I mean?
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well i was checking ebay for a 12/0, and found a guy that a friend of mine knows with one that he will sell me for 275, its been fished once and caught one fish! And its already spooled with 100lb BBG
Grayson Lanier

philaroman

Quote from: keneke on October 24, 2013, 05:36:11 AM
Yes I should have gone with SmoothDrag which I have been reading is a very reputable company. How could I have known that Dragmaster would end up with it getting lost. It was really not the seller's fault that it got lost in shipping, so a neutral rating was just that, I did not receive it. Yeah maybe I would have gotten my washers if I had filed a dispute and left it at that, but the way EB is set up, a rating is what the email that was sent to me asked for so I did that first. I filed the dispute later when I saw that I could. As far as Sharkhunter's opinion, that's fine, we are all entitled to one and yes we all work hard at our jobs and want what is best for whatever benefits us the most. A neutral rating is not a death sentence and I just said I did not get it. Now why would I give a positive rating for something I did not get that I had paid hard earned money for?  The seller just earned easy money and I should be positive about it? That is not how I see it, but EB is not the greatest place to buy from. You have to commit to things that sometimes you find out you do not really want.

you obviously don't understand how eBay works:
1) you got burned by USPS, or someone in YOUR community -- NOT the Seller
2) you turned around & burned the Seller without justification (FYI: for eBay Seller grading, there's very little difference between Neutral & Negative -- BOTH SUCK)
3) the request for feedback is an automated form-letter that goes out when a shipment is marked "Delivered" in the tracking system -- nowhere does it say to leave Feedback, immediately.  On the other hand, there are numerous articles, tutorials, and policy statements that specifically tell you NOT to leave Feedback, before you allow reasonable opportunity to resolve any issues.
4) no one "made easy money" -- he got a payment & shipped the product, like any other transaction...  he might well have re-shipped at a loss (just for good PR), but you closed the door on that possibility by marring his reputation prematurely

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 24, 2013, 12:02:40 PM
Well i was checking ebay for a 12/0, and found a guy that a friend of mine knows with one that he will sell me for 275, its been fished once and caught one fish! And its already spooled with 100lb BBG
That sounds like a fair Deal Grayson. Since its only been fished once, I take it has the Aluminum spool?
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yep, I like the one piece chrome better though, more capacity. I will be siting smooth drag for a 9+1 stack!
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I have a custom 11 stack from my Main Man Sal to try out! ;)
That's on the list. When I took that pic of all my Senators, I had no reels to rebuild.
They are piling up again! I have two 114H's, a 10/0 and a 12/0 so far, plus a new aluminum spool and sideplates for my 12/0 parts reel.
When Black pearl gets the Hex gears in, I'm going to have to redo some of my 114's with the ss sleeve, dogs and such.
Life is Good!

keneke

Quote from: philaroman on October 24, 2013, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: keneke on October 24, 2013, 05:36:11 AM

you obviously don't understand how eBay works:
1) you got burned by USPS, or someone in YOUR community -- NOT the Seller
2) you turned around & burned the Seller without justification (FYI: for eBay Seller grading, there's very little difference between Neutral & Negative -- BOTH SUCK)
3) the request for feedback is an automated form-letter that goes out when a shipment is marked "Delivered" in the tracking system -- nowhere does it say to leave Feedback, immediately.  On the other hand, there are numerous articles, tutorials, and policy statements that specifically tell you NOT to leave Feedback, before you allow reasonable opportunity to resolve any issues.
4) no one "made easy money" -- he got a payment & shipped the product, like any other transaction...  he might well have re-shipped at a loss (just for good PR), but you closed the door on that possibility by marring his reputation prematurely

IF you had read what I was saying, yes it was not the seller's fault and it was the shipper. No I did not intend to burn anyone, but I still had no product. Yes, I do not really understand how ebay works on a daily basis because I don't shop there much. All I saw was a bunch of "avenues" to take so I took them, but was not intending to burn someone just for the hell of it. Did you read that part? I don't really want to spend a whole lot of time online reading every little thing just so I am an ebay ace like yourself. Obviously you are by the sounds of it and taking so much of your time to explain it on here. I already heard what Shark Hunter had to say. I really do not need you to point out my faults once again and it was already elaborated on. Thank you for the lesson. But if that's the case that you just wanted to put more salt in, you know where you can put it. I had admitted fault myself and explained why. So if you really want to, go preach and teach on ebay or open a site on the ins and outs of ebay transactions. It may help some, but good luck in getting people to really read it if they don't want to spend their life online. Geez some folks have so much time and nothing better to do! Why don't you take up fishing or surfing or something? All I wanted was to have my reel upgraded, not have to hear all the crud that you in particular have to dish out when you make any mistakes. It was for a few reel drag washers and not some Lamborghini brake pads. BTW, it sounds like you are the guy that I bought it from!  :o

Alto Mare

Sorry guys, I believe this one should stop here.
Thanks for your understanding.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.