Tiburon P60 for my 114HL 6/0

Started by Crab Pot, July 26, 2023, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Got home today to find my Good Buddy Randy's P60 Tiburon and spool on my desk chair when I got home.

20 minutes later and Wha-La, I'm a happy Albacore/Bluefin Camper!

Here are the before and after's.

Guess I didn't take to many before photos...but you all know what a bone stock 114HL looks like.  ::)

Thanks again Randy!

Steve

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Donnyboat

Sweet, almost to good to use. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Vintage Offshore Tackle

My pleasure Steve.  You didn't waste any time! 

Thank you for your business.

Randy

thorhammer

Sweet! Alan's knob / blade are a great upgrade too once you've framed it. Beast.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

I concur with my compadre JOhn, that reel is sweet but a bigger handle knob will be a total game changer, Alan's handle knobs are mean to be that one.

The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

Quote from: thorhammer on July 27, 2023, 11:23:37 AMSweet! Alan's knob / blade are a great upgrade too once you've framed it. Beast.
Quote from: steelfish on July 27, 2023, 06:29:47 PMI concur with my compadre JOhn, that reel is sweet but a bigger handle knob will be a total game changer, Alan's handle knobs are mean to be that one.

Agreed, Alan's out of stock of the knob I want but I'll pull the trigger on it and the handle when he has them.

MarkT

Do Alan's 5/0 handles fit that blank? I'll drill it out and replace it if the hole in the blank is the right size.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

thorhammer

I meant to say Alan's 6/0 blade with his 5/0 knob which should fit together without drilling. I had some Penn 50VISX knobs a buddy gave me that I put on Alan blades on my 6/0's and they balance perfectly, about same size as his 5/0 which I replaced all my International handles with. Or, you could put one of Tom's sweet acrylic Cortez knobs on an Alan blade if Alan is out of knobs. The red acrylic is sharp. You can see part of one on the cherry bomb 501 below.

Crab Pot

I meant the Alan that goes by Black Peral here.

I want to go all silver but those red knobs are growing on me.

thorhammer

Ah, I was talking Alan Tani assemblies, not Alan Chui. Black Pearl has a nice silver aluminum knob that's ported that works well too, and a good guy. Calls me to make sure I'm happy with my order then harasses me, correctly, about why my Prochallenger reels dont have line and scratches on them lol.

Crab Pot

My Pro Challenger knob and handle arrived today, thank you Alan, and I like the results.

Pro Challenger star drag & gear sleeve is next and it'll be ready for Long Fin season.

thorhammer

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!