Newest addition to the girls!

Started by Reeltyme, July 29, 2023, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeltyme

Thought I might introduce y'all to my new lady. She's an early 50's 12/0, 2 speed Fin-Nor. I just got her all cleaned up and ready to join the other ladies on display. Really happy with how she cleaned up. These older girls are getting very hard to find in good condition. Showed her to my Mrs. she was very unimpressed. Yup, another reel,,,, she just doesn't understand.

foakes

Beautiful reel and great job, Randy!

Tough reels and tough to find.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Nice reel Randy !!! It cleaned up very nice . Way to go !!!  Did you take it completely apart and clean innards ?   John Taylor

54bullseye

Your getting a nice collection going !!

Crab Pot

Nice reel and nice collection.

I like your wall art too.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

ExcessiveAngler

Message disappeared again darn it!
Boy, that looks like an old one!
Could've picked up a couple old Fin-nor reels a while back very cheap, but just didn't have a use for them, so I passed on them!
One of them was a regal tycoon 50 and the other 50 gold one, had a picture of a sailfish on the side plate!
They look like they were built, like freaking tanks though and in awesome shape!
I see why you guys gravitate towards these older reels, they just do not make them the way they used to anymore!
Nice set up, you have there in your room too!
Got a lot going on there brother lol!

Reeltyme

Quote from: 54bullseye on July 29, 2023, 05:14:48 PMNice reel Randy !!! It cleaned up very nice . Way to go !!!  Did you take it completely apart and clean innards ?   John Taylor

Took her down to the last screw. As usual, the lever drag internals were a bear to put back, but I think I'm getting the trick to putting them back together. No grease inside now, just oil where needed.

Thanks for the compliments all!

Donnyboat

Yes Randy sweet tough reel, you done a good job of it, thanks for the pics, nice collection, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Who first came-up with the lever drag system?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ExcessiveAngler

Gotta ask, there's some pretty giant fish, in some of those neat, old pictures!
Curious, if there's any history behind any of them?

Reeltyme

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on July 30, 2023, 04:47:16 AMGotta ask, there's some pretty giant fish, in some of those neat, old pictures!
Curious, if there's any history behind any of them?

I wish I could say there was, but no. I just like old photos showing off the ladies taking on the big boys! Of course, it doesn't hurt if they happen to be easy on the eyes as well!

Marlinmate

i'd love to see a breakdown and the internals of one of those
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS