When Machinist Get Bored...

Started by Crab Pot, August 06, 2023, 02:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Started life as a 700, I think.

Kind'a cool though.

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Reeltyme

A very neat piece! The title is perfect.

sandbar

Very Cool!
I wonder what the new weight of the reel is.

ExcessiveAngler

Look out Vanstaal, there's a new, very dapper looking, sheriff in town lol!
Man, that thing is so suh - weeet lol!
Would you, just happen to be, that machinist?
I have an older custom Pennstaal, but nowhere near on the level of that one, not even close
But after seeing that beauty, it may be time to give her a new makeover!
I want to do one in red, white and blue, or would have to be blue, green and yellow!
Although the all white is looking quite nice as well, I'm guessing that's a shelf queen?

Crab Pot

EA, That's not mine but it is for sale on Ebay right now along with another one the guy did.

Not bad prices either but the auctions aren't over yet.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

nelz

Wow, the work on back-side of the rotor is something I hadn't seen before, very impressive. :al
That's a real beauty!  :d

nelz

Quote from: Crab Pot on August 06, 2023, 04:15:44 PMEA, That's not mine but it is for sale on Ebay right now along with another one the guy did.

OIC

Catching Nemo

This seller usually has a bunch of these types of reels up for auction. I've seen the zebco cardinals, Olympic, Shakespeare 2062, and DAM reels in the past.

pointbob

i'm an abu guy who knows only baitcaster...whats going on here? whats a 700?
Patience comes to those who wait

MarkT

I dunno, the rotor, fine, the spool looks cut out way to much. Looks intended as a show piece and not a fishing implement. That off white color? What is it going for?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

jgp12000

That is great machine work,I tell you what!

Midway Tommy

Personally, I think they're pretty gross looking. 😝
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

philaroman

Quote from: MarkT on August 07, 2023, 08:29:15 AMI dunno, the rotor, fine, the spool looks cut out way to much. Looks intended as a show piece and not a fishing implement. That off white color? What is it going for?

ditto...  spool lip looks structurally weakened -- impact would "break through" rather than dent
looked cool, at first, but what is it for, functionally  ???
maybe frequent casting from a soft grassy bank, nowhere near rocks, or rails, or sand  ::)

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 07, 2023, 04:10:45 PMPersonally, I think they're pretty gross looking. 😝

not as bad as the bedazzled 300's

JasonGotaProblem

I mean it looks cool. But to me it's just a cosmetic mod. Reminds me of when the first fast & furious movie came out (i was a teen at the time) and people did all kinds of crazy appearance mods to cars that were still dead slow. Thankfully I never went down that rabbit hole. But they looked cool i guess.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

ExcessiveAngler

Kind of makes you wonder, if the spool design
would help or kill it lol?
I think it's pretty darn sharp looking!
Well, I thought,  I saw that reel? but seems there's another one with a different colored spool?
Looks like maybe somebody bought it?
Is the Abu guy above? Just kidding around?
Not too many people haven't seen a vintage Penn 700's spinning reel!
But there's been quite a bit of conventional reels I didn't know about either, so I guess anything is possible lol!