Ingredients
•   142mL carton double cream
•   150mL fish stock
•   3 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
•   300g skinless smoked haddock fillets, roughly chopped
•   20g pack fresh chives, chopped
•   large onion, finely chopped

Directions
1.   Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan oven) mark 6. Pour the cream into a large bowl. Add the fish stock and stir well to combine.
2.   Add the potatoes, haddock, chives and onion and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss everything together to coat. Spoon the mixture into a 2-3 litre shallow ovenproof dish.
3.   Cover the dish with foil, put it on a baking tray and cook for 45min. Remove the foil and cook for 30-40min until bubbling and the top is golden.
4.   To check the potatoes are cooked, insert a skewer or small knife - it should push in easily. If you like, you can put it under a hot grill to make the top layer really crisp. Cool slightly, then serve with a green salad or green beans, garnished with a slice of lemon.

This dish combines all the flavours of a classic fish pie, succulent haddock, potatoes, chives, and cream – in a golden gratin form. There's minimal prep required, making it perfect for midweek meals. Serve with simple seasonal greens and wedges of fresh lemon.
•   Yields: 4 servings
•   Prep Time: 15 mins
•   Process Time: 1 hour 15 mins
•   Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins

JasonGotaProblem

That sounds very British. It also sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. We're always looking for new ways to enjoy our catch.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Hardy Boy

OK now I'm hungry!. Can we see a picture next time please.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Donnyboat

the next picture will be of the septic tank, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

Kevin - thanks for sharing!  I suspect that from what I know of haddock (not much actually) that any flaky white meat fish could substitute (after all it is basically a cod, and I believe it's related to pollack that is pretty much the chief ingredient of every Filet-O-Fish sandwich from the Golden Arches) .  But I have a question about it being smoked haddock.  Many of us here enjoy preparing our catch with wood smoke - what kind of smoke would be typical for this recipe or in your part of the world?  I know that for many of us here when talking about smoking salmon the "only" goto is alder wood, and for many of my own endeavors with other fish I tend to lean toward fruit woods (part of living where I live) with lemon. peach, cherry, pecan, red oak, etc.  Are you smoking the haddock or is it easy to find already smoked?  And what woods/flavors are being used?  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and thanks again for sharing the recipe! - john

Squidder Bidder

This is what the Scots would call Cullen Skink, no?