shimano charter special bearing sizes

Started by benzeenees, March 02, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benzeenees

I've serviced my charter special but the right side plate bearing still feels a little rough. It looks OK but I suspect there is some damage. Does anyone know the size of this bearing and where I can buy a replacement? The bearing is part 212 in the schematic.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bryan Young

Benzeenees,

Can you measure the bearing in mm?  If you are in the US, you can get them from Smoothdrag, Boca Bearing, and a few others.  You could also call Shimano and if it's your first time calling them, they may send it to you for free.

I was just looking at http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12.0 to see if Alan had noted the bearing size, and unfortuantely, I just cannot find it.

Bryan

Oh, and welcome.  Glad you are able to join us.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

benzeenees

Thanks for the reply. I will measure the bearing, but I don't have anything accurate - just a steel rule! And I live inland in Australia near Canberra and the reel is at my coast house. I was hoping to buy a new bearing and install it next time I go fishing. But it's not urgent - the reel is a bit rough but still works fine.

redsetta

7x17x5 (S697-ZZMC3)...
Welcome aboard mate.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Jimmer

I have 5 of these open now I'll post the bearing sizes on the appropiate link once i measure them.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

benzeenees

thanks redsetta - I'd be interested to see Jimmer's measurement as a confirmation

redsetta

It's right. Did two yesterday...
Cheers, Justin

benzeenees

thanks - and I've been able to locate a supplier in Canberra. It would appear that the Charter Special and the TLD25 are similar?

redsetta

Close. The TLD15 and Charter Special are very similar, bar the obvious - levelwind etc. Right-side main bearing is the same for both.
All the best, Justin