Thanks for the add!

Started by SummertimeBlues, August 09, 2023, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SummertimeBlues

Hey folks, Drew here. I found this site when I googled Heddon 215. With the help of Mr Tani, I followed his step by step teardown with great results. One wrench in the works was when the anti-reverse tooth and spring came out along with the main gear shaft. I just turned 59 and my eyes are going on 79... It was no easy task trying to get it back in place. Persistence won the day and I'm real happy with this little time capsule. Does anyone know when these were introduced and manufactured. It is a bare bones reel, but I feel, well made by today's standards. Again, thank you very much for allowing me to hang out and learn.

Midway Tommy

Welcome Drew! It was manufactured in the mid 1960s.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Welcome aboard, Drew!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SummertimeBlues

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 09, 2023, 05:24:55 PMWelcome Drew! It was manufactured in the mid 1960s.

Thanks for that info Tommy. I'm going to pair this up with a Heddon Mini Ultralite rod. 5'3" Spinning was some of the faded info that I remember being hand written on the bottom half. My Grandmother gave it to me after my Grandfather passed on. I believe it came out between 1966 and 1968. It matches a pic I saw in a catalog described as a Pro Weight spinning rod. Never saw any info on their mini Ultralite rods though.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

No line roller on the bail wire. Check for groves that could frey your mono. where the line rubs on the wire.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Greetings, Drew, from Minnesota.  I saw your post on the Heddon Pro Weight rod, and just responded to that.  Have an interest in Heddons, even though I don't really have a lot of their old equipment.

I'm sure Tommy is accurate in his info on the 215 reel.  I see it still listed in a copy of the '71 Heddon catalog I have, advertising it as a 6 oz. reel using lines up to 6 lb. test.  Exterior bail trip.

Frank

happyhooker

Maybe these are the rods you are seeking info on.

Frank

Brewcrafter

Welcome Drew!  Nice cleanup/tuneup on that Heddon and I am thinking it will continue to give you great memories. - john

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!