Too good Fred.

Started by farmer56, August 10, 2023, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

Why is it every time my boys are home they think i have a Curb Alert on my DAM reels..... Have they been reading stuff about reels from foaks or what .  So far the  Fred Requisitioned  reels are microlite ,  110  220  330  331 270  with a Penn spinfisher  thrown in just for good luck ... not to even mention the abu ambassadeurs and Lews speed spools ... looking at the upside i just bought two more reels from Fred ... isn't life fun with family ...  farmer56 out

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: farmer56 on August 10, 2023, 07:44:28 PMWhy is it every time my boys are home they think i have a Curb Alert on my DAM reels..... Have they been reading stuff about reels from foaks or what .  So far the  Fred Requisitioned  reels are microlite ,  110  220  330  331 270  with a Penn spinfisher  thrown in just for good luck ... not to even mention the abu ambassadeurs and Lews speed spools ... looking at the upside i just bought two more reels from Fred ... isn't life fun with family ...  farmer56 out
Gotta love it don't you!
You'll take a look at the bright side after hearing this ongoing story!
Could be worse, like another buddy of mine!
His son, comes and takes beautiful gear and either breaks it, or goes and sells it!
And then lies through his teeth, and says he doesn't know what happened to the stuff?
Obviously, his son, has a bad problem!
And this is still happening, after he's kicked him out of the home, and changed the locks! I don't know, about that parents know no boundaries, with their love stuff!
I told him he's out of his mind, it's time to drop the boom on this behavior, and stop being a damn enabler for him!
Obviously, sounds like your family, is like a normal family, where they just kinda borrow things, but they always come back lol!
I honestly wish, my daughter would requisition some of my gear! Then, at least I know, she'd be interested in fishing again!
On a sidenote! If you're running low, on any Abu ambassadors, give me a holler lol!
Been trying to decide, where to list them!
It doesn't seem, like there's a big following for them here, guess we'll find out lol!
Take care, brother!

farmer56

farmer56 here just bought a 5000D on the bay may want one more but my oldest son is looking for another  red 5000 . so his kids can do a curb alert also . Dont't some stories just rip out your heart !!!! The family that fishes together stays together and foaks will make sure we can run ..

Midway Tommy

HA! I taught my son, early on, to keep his cotton pickin fingers off my Cardinals and American Classic IVs, and the rest of my tackle!  >:D I taught him well, too, because now that he's got a good job and has his own gaggle Cardinals & an Am Classic he says the same thing to me!  8)   ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Reeltyme

Unfortunately for me, even though my son enjoys fishing, the only interest in the collectible end is "how much is it worth?" Counting his inheritance!

JasonGotaProblem

My son (6) will frequently let me know which parts of my collection he likes best with a little exchange along the lines of:
"Daddy that's gonna be mine one day, right?"
"Yes absolutely. One day."
"When will that be?"
"When I'm gone."

I've reminded him a few times that as he gets older he'll be able to use just about any of it. He just needs to learn how to use it properly, and show that he'll take care of it by caring for the stuff he already has. Might be a little while.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

My son is long out of the house and never really shown much interest in what I'm "in to".

How ever my dog, Scout, is very interested in the reels in the curio whenever I turn on the internal light.

Because he sees himself in the mirrored backing and writes his name all over the case glass with his wet nose trying to get a better look at the new dog trapped in the case...

I keep telling him he's going inside to meet him if he doesn't keep that nose off the glass.

I need to buy stock in Windex and a paper towel company.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

farmer56

farmer56 here,, just remember i am saying this curb alert stuff in fun...  i love they have the same interest in quality that i do ... i encoarage them to "borrow" my stuff...  also if they would not have been in my gun safe i would have to stop buying them also ... quality never goes out of style ..  farmer56 out

Crab Pot

He's at it again.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

philaroman

he's trying to figure out how to use the reels for deer & rabbits ;D