Main Menu

Hawaii fires

Started by Donnyboat, August 11, 2023, 01:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Gee what sad news this morning, about the fires in HAWAII, to loose so many lives, & many homes, is quite devestating, Greg, G fish, how did you go, keep well,cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

my buddy's brother lives there and runs a diving business, his house burnt, not sure where he is staying now with his fam.
sad and surreal, too many lives lost.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

Yes I agree, latest report in Australia, is 53 lives lost, but could be more, as most of there communication, is down, hope not though, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Stupid wind. Several days with no rain there(as well as other areas on other Islands)and things can really dry out. Was over there in 2006 to get married and hung-out mostly in Lahaina for 3 days, before the Honeymoon cruise. Beautiful—historical city, real walking friendly. But, as you drive into it, yeah, the grass and brush on the hillsides looked to be problematic. I tend to look at wildland areas like that after having been involved in fire suppression, plus that area has had fire issues in the past. Perhaps the wind as a remnant of the hurricane that recently past us to the South, blew in different direction, this time. So many fatalities...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

wailua boy

I have 3 friends that lost their primary residences.

Benni3

It sounds bad,,,,I hope it well rains soon and can put this fire out,,,is the navy doing anything

Donnyboat

Thank for the map, gives us more of an idea, whats happened, I have`nt had any update today, of the total deaths, know more I hope, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Yes Alan, sure is, death toll now @ 67, so sad, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Donnyboat

Thanks Nelz, see the death toll is 93 now. keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat