New Member--Gulf Coast Member.

Started by TravHale, March 03, 2012, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravHale

I was sent here from another forum and am so glad to have found this site.

My name is Travis. I was born in Bonita Springs Florida and currently live in Birmingham, Al. Up until my marriage and subsequent move to Birmingham in 2007/8, I had always lived somewhere along the Gulf Coast. My uncle and grandfather were both comercial fisherman and I developed my love for fishing by spending all my free time and summers on the water--most of that time was spent offshore. However, these days I enjoy mostly inshore fishing, and take every opportunity to get down to the water to do so. I mainly fish Mobile Bay and Dauphin Island as we have a house on the Island and my in-laws have move to Fairhope, Al.

Recently I've developed a passion for kayak fishing and spend most of my fishing time paddling around the costal waters mentioned previously.. targeting speckled trout, flounder, and redfish. If anyone has ever thought about trying kayak fishing you really owe it to yourself the experience.

To make this post a little more festive i've attached some pics from my last 4th of July trip down to the island.

My kayak

A few trout (had a nice fish fry that night)

Random pics along the way

redsetta

Great pics Trav, thanks for sharing.
That first shot looks like paradise.
All the best, Justin
PS Welcome aboard. ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Trav. Nice shots, thanks fo sharing. You know, when the water is that calm here in the NE, I always come home enpty-handed :-\, but it's still nice being out there. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

thanks for the photos!  looks like ambassaduers.  good choice.  keep after the bearings. alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Very Nice!!!   
Thanks & Welcome aboard...    ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome aboard Travis. Nice pics. We should have it so calm on the left coast. :-\
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

TravHale

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm enjoying my time here and hope i'm able to add to the forum.