430SS: But I Don't Need Another Light Spinning Reel :)

Started by Paul Roberts, August 14, 2023, 09:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Roberts

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 😱

I think I know why I like "stealth black". I'm too easily spooked!

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JasonGotaProblem

Alright if we're doing 750SS entries. Sorry mines seen some scratches since some of you have last seen it. On account of i actually use it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Paul Roberts

Ok, those are both sharp looking reels. SW/heavy duty work is where Penn spinners come into their own. They were great reels for the Great Lakes salmonid fishery our shop served.

Jason, is that one mirror polished?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Paul Roberts on September 01, 2023, 04:57:15 AMOk, those are both sharp looking reels. SW/heavy duty work is where Penn comes into its own.

Jason, is that one mirror polished?
It used to be. I have a tendency to make a reel look like a show pony then proceed to treat it like a work horse. I bet I could clean it up again though with a bit of elbow grease. I also have a similar 8500SS. These were some of my first projects when i started posting here.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Paul Roberts

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem
I have a tendency to make a reel look like a show pony then proceed to treat it like a work horse.

Same here. They were made to be fished.