EARLY SEALINE SL20SH BEARING UPGRADE

Started by kevin cozens, August 15, 2023, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

I have an early SEALINE SL20SH which had a worn maingear shaft bush when it arrived. this is the lower bush that pushes into the main casing.
I decided that i wanted something a little more durable so i measured it up to see if i could get a bearing to fit.
Hey presto yes i could. the size od the bearing i need is 9mm outer x 5mm inner x 3mm wide.
Its now a waiting game for the bearing to arrive along with a set of carbontex washers so i can reassemble the reel ready for use.
Earlt models only had three bearings but they were changed to four bearings after a short time.
This is a very worthwhile mod and i think that Daiwa knew the plastic bushed wore out quickly which is why they converted the bush to a bearing.
Apparently all USA models had four bearings as standard. maybe its because they were introduced to the USA at a later date

kevin cozens

since this upgrade i have also upgraded the plastic bush on the RH side cap to a bearing. this will work on 3 or 4 bearing models bringing them up to 5 bearing spec

ExcessiveAngler

Is that a Japanese slosh or a Chinese model?
I've often wondered, How to tell which reels were released, in which country? Obviously, most of them are stamped, where they were manufactured.