New member, first post

Started by OhReely, August 22, 2023, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhReely

Just want to say "Hi" from SWFL. I would also like to thank Alan and everyone else for making this site possible and for the invaluable information accumulated and shared here.

A little about me. I fish SW and FW. I'm a shoreline fisherman and surf/beach fishing is my favorite. I fished FW ponds as a kid but in my early twenties I started fishing the piers and beaches in SOCAL from National City to San Onofre. I had a garage sale Penn conventional of some kind on a 6' boat rod and a Daiwa (rotor cup) spinning reel on an 8' surf rod. They were mystical devices to me and the thought of rinsing after use or any kind of maintenance never occurred to me. Somehow they always worked. By my thirties family and career took me in another direction. In 2018 I retired, bought a $29 rod/reel combo and started fishing the FW pond behind our condo. I got hooked, literally and figuratively.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Nice to have you with us, how far advanced with your repair are you now, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

JasonGotaProblem

Welcome, good to see more of my fellow Floridians joining up. We are definitely still the minority here. BUT A VOCAL MINORITY!
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

happyhooker

Greetings, OR, from Minnesota.

Frank

OhReely

Thanks for the greetings.

Don, ignorance was bliss. I know better now. Through videos by Dennis at 2nd Chance Tackle, the tutorials here and the wonderful database maintained by Mystic Reel Parts, just to mention a few sources I frequent, I now maintain my gear properly.

reelynew

Welcome - You chose a catchy handle. 
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brewcrafter

Welcome from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!