Why Cloth Reel Bags?

Started by foakes, August 22, 2023, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Got in a shipment of 400 reel bags this morning.

Was down to about a dozen of each size.

Folks ask why I use these for clients?

They protect the reel from bumps, scrapes, and fighting with other gear.

They are cotton —- so there is also no condensation as with plastics.

They are more professional looking.

Folks really like them.

Most of us toss business cards after a few months —- No one ever tosses a reel bag.

Lightweight and inexpensive.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

Those look sharp!
Definitely better than a business card.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

ExcessiveAngler

Yes sir Fred, I would have to agree!
Thought that was pretty neat, as well as very professional looking, the very first time I saw them. Thought is was pretty classy too!
You definitely go the extra distance for sure
When you buy a reel from me, you get it in a nice, NEW, white cotton sock, turned inside out, with some beautiful, black sharpie lettering, better than nothing, right lol!
I really like the orange ones, but the undyed ones are pretty, have their own appeal too!
You having a sale on these lol!

EA

ourford

Everything Fred does is professional.
 I keep all my personal reels in bags but they look a little different. My favorites get nicer bags...
Vic

foakes

Had some questions from some members as to where I get these bags.

Packco Inc., in Bensenville, Illinois

The large white ones are .39¢ each if you buy 100.  No tax, free shipping.  Orange ones are a little less.

I have a local screen printer who does the logo for $1 each.

I also have a lot of the Crown Royal bags —- but since I don't drink, I only get what folks have given me over the years.

The bags are also good for lots of other things —- tools, cameras, electronics, tech cords, anything really.

I generally get 400 at a time —- and that lasts around 8-9 months.

Everyone likes them.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Brewcrafter

First class and effective.  And not just useful for reels.  The smaller bags are really nice for all of those extra spools with line on them whether they be for your Jiggy Quick Change or your spinners.  I will say in my spinning stuff I have a small stash of Mitchell spool cases that I am fond of.  I am "guessing" that back in the day when you purchased a Mitchell Spinner that in many purchases it came with an extra spool and the case to protect it.- john

Cor

Those bags look reel nice!
I use Bank Money bags, but the old cloth types are no longer available, everything is plastic now.
Cornelis

Keta

I use Crown Royal bags too, Fred's in on display above my workbench.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Lunker Larry

If I get a bunch I usually wrap them in bubble wrap to separate. More for my appeasement as after getting everything as clean and new looking as you can I want it to at least last until they get home. lol
Usually they just give them to you in a plastic bag full of reels knocking around. Can't understand it. All that time and money they put into their reels. I just shake my head.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

farmer56

FRED , love the new cloth bags, smart move with YOUR logo , over the years of buying the best spinning reels on the planet, starting with the Crown Royal bags thinking this guy knows quality both in drink and reels !!!!!!! I like it when my  boys do a curb alert on my DAM reels BUT i only let them take them with Freds branded bags .  I want them to know where they came from .... and on a side note i have alot of Freds crown royal and logo bags farmer56 out

kevin cozens

I believe that here in the UK that Daiwa give away bags to customers who have their reels serviced.
I got 3 reels with original bags from new.
A Penn International 975CS
A Daiwa Millionaire 6H
and a Daiwa Millionaire 7HT mag