Wanted - Makaira 15T Schematic

Started by boon, August 23, 2023, 11:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boon

Anyone know where I could find one of these? All the links online seem to go to the old "wide" 15, not the T. Trying a bit of a frankenstein project and need to know which parts will work where.....

boon

boon

FWIW I have found one minor inaccuracy on the schematic. The handle arm is depicted as having a square hole in it, when in fact it has a round threaded hole like most other Okuma Lever Drags. I have just ordered one of the very very nice new billet "Power Cranking" handles and have my fingers crossed that it will fit this reel just fine as it is specified to only fit down to the MK-20.

redsetta

Nice one - looking forward to seeing it!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

boon

I can confirm that it fits perfectly and is also eye-wateringly, warranty-voidingly ridiculous, and without having fished it yet I absolutely love it. The handle arm feels about a foot long. I have successfully converted my 15T into a winch that is probably capable of retrieving the boat onto its trailer.

For guys who want to fish the rail this will turn your Mak into an absolute weapon. It's just absurd.

(And now I have a spare 15T Tbar handle I can put on my wee Metaloid, perfect :) )

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

boon

I think the first image goes some way to showing how ridiculous it is; it makes what is actually a somewhat large reel look like a tiny little SPJ reel or something.