Main Menu

Hello

Started by pennwoodsman, August 24, 2023, 09:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennwoodsman

New member here. Thank you for the opportunity to interact with the group. I am mostly a fresh water fisherman and enjoy fishing mainly for trout and bass. My current reels are Pflueger president's, Shimano ULTEGRA 1000HG, and Diawa TATULA SV TW 103H, (plus my fly-fishing gear). I am developing an interest in repairing and ultimately using vintage reels and rods in my fishing pursuits.

I also started to pick up vintage Penn reels from the auctions and flea markets I visit. My plans are to clean them up and rebuild them, as needed, to be able to fish them again. I am already thinking about a deep sea trip when I get them going again. I have my eye on the "hot rod's" and "tank's" that the group has posted and I may try my hand at beefing and blinging some of my Penn's.

I enjoy reading all the posts and searching for answers to my questions on the forum. I will most likely spend more time reading and searching the forum than posting. However, I am glad to have the privilege to be able to come here when the need arises if I don't find the answers that I seek.

Good fishing to all!
Brent         

kjdunne

Welcome to the site!
Plenty of reading here... great info for rebuilding the older reels.

Kal

foakes

Welcome aboard, Brent!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Welcome Brent.  We all have spent a great time reading, and if you have any questions as a result of your new found knowledge, please post your question and I'm sure we, collectively, while help with knowledge sharing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brewcrafter

WElcome Brent from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Nice to have you with us Brent, good people here, very helpful,its a great feeling to restore a reel & catch a good fish with it, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Midway Tommy

Welcome to the gang. If your search answers aren't already here usually someone will come along shortly with an answer or suggestion.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,,,, ;D

pennwoodsman

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Brent

happyhooker

Greetings, Brent, from Minnesota

Frank

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Bill, SoCal mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!