Found Some Parts That Were Buried in One of the Storage Containers

Started by foakes, September 03, 2023, 10:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Found some harness hardware for Penn Senators —-

And a case of 8 or 9 Sigma reels along with about 45 spools.

Plus a bunch of Penn Spinning spools.

All good stuff I forgot about because it was buried under other stuff, or at the bottom of crates.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crab Pot

Hey Fred,

Long time no talk.

I'm looking for turnbuckle straps for 9/0 up.

I currently have the following big frame Senators: 9/0, 12/0, and 14/0.

Still looking for a 10/0 and 16/0.

Money is a bit tight after returning from my 4 day but I'm interested.

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

foakes

Hi Steve —-

I am keeping the mounting hardware, turnbuckles, and harnesses for my 10 reel collection of Senators.

Pretty hard to replace, but there are others out there.

Just be patient.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crab Pot

Quote from: foakes on September 05, 2023, 08:36:53 PMI am keeping the mounting hardware, turnbuckles, and harnesses for my 10 reel collection of Senators.

Sounds good Fred.

My wallet thanks you!  ;)

foakes

Quote from: Crab Pot on September 05, 2023, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: foakes on September 05, 2023, 08:36:53 PMI am keeping the mounting hardware, turnbuckles, and harnesses for my 10 reel collection of Senators.

Sounds good Fred.

My wallet thanks you!  ;)

Actually, only the 4/0, 6/0, 9/0, 10/0, 12/0, 14/0, & 16/0 are the only ones with harness lugs.  The 1,2,& 3 do not have lugs.

And the 20/0 does not have lugs either.

On one of the large 117 harnesses —- there is no part number
(33-117) —- does that mean it is older than about 1950?

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Crab Pot

Pretty sure the turnbuckle mounting hardware were for the 9/0's and up.

The 9, 10, & 12 ought's all have single mounts/lugs in front of the reel.

The 14 & 16 ought's have front and rear.

The 4 & 6 ought's have lugs on the top to clip into a fighting belt.

Never seen a 20/0 Unicorn!

broadway

Yes Fred, the 14/0 clamp set is typically pre 1950 without numbers.
Looking good buddy!
Best,
Dom

reelrepair123

Quote from: foakes on September 03, 2023, 10:44:42 PMFound some harness hardware for Penn Senators —-

And a case of 8 or 9 Sigma reels along with about 45 spools.

Plus a bunch of Penn Spinning spools.

All good stuff I forgot about because it was buried under other stuff, or at the bottom of crates.

Best, Fred

kevin cozens

i am after some parts for a 113h senator. would you post to the UK

foakes

Got rid of about 1000 pounds of Penn Conventional parts a couple of years ago.

Just kept back a few reels (maybe 80 or 90) and a few parts for return clients.

Only do spinners now —- and only DAM Quick, Penn, ABU/Zebco Cardinals, and Mitchells.

These are the quality vintage reels that I have hundreds of thousands of parts for.  So it makes life easier for me.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

reelrepair123

hi   fred    truly amazing  you have some stash there that is remarkable,  those penn spinning spools are awesome,   take care my friend  you and sue be well.  harryk

OhReely

Hi,
I realize you said you parted with practically all of your Penn conventional parts but on the off chance you ever come across left side bearing 40-349 for Penn Master Mariner I can use 8 to 10 of them. Please keep me in mind.
Thx

foakes

--------

Fred O.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: OhReely on September 13, 2023, 09:17:06 PMHi,
I realize you said you parted with practically all of your Penn conventional parts but on the off chance you ever come across left side bearing 40-349 for Penn Master Mariner I can use 8 to 10 of them. Please keep me in mind.
Thx

OhReely

Fred, thx for responding.

Randy, thank you also for responding. How do I pay you for them?