Hi From Cornwall

Started by csx355, September 06, 2023, 06:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx355

Hi all - quick introduction. Many thanks for the add. I mainly fish with my wife from our 17' Warrior.  Mixed bag of inshore fishing usually chasing as many species as possible with 8 - 20lbs class rods and braid using a mix of Penn Spinfishers LL  and various multipliers. Recently been a little further off shore after Blue Shark with some success and stepping up the gear to include some recently acquired Penn Senators 3/0 and 6/0. Probably overkill but still fun.  Generally now moving back to the 'old school' reels and rods as they seem to have a better longevity and maintainability (is that a word?) over the modern glitzy stuff. Joined here to glean any tips, tricks and workarounds to keep our reels turning.

foakes

Welcome aboard, CSX!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Welcome. What does your 17' Warrior look like?  I envisioned a Lexington boat but the warriors were 15.5' if I recall.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

welcome from San Hose California. :d

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Squidder Bidder

Welcome! Always wanted to visit Cornwall.

kjdunne

Welcome aboard!
Plenty of tips, tricks, and workarounds here for the old school reels... ask away.

Kal

csx355

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 06, 2023, 09:42:54 AMWelcome. What does your 17' Warrior look like?  I envisioned a Lexington boat but the warriors were 15.5' if I recall.
Many thanks for the welcome. Bryan - this is our Warrior 170. A popular UK built model of cuddy fast fisher. Suited to UK conditions.

sabaman1

Welcome! From San diego California.
JIM

farmer56

JasonGotaProblem

So where's the wall of corn? With a name like that there's gotta be at least one or its false advertising.

Jokes aside welcome aboard.

So you don't fish out of the front of that thing huh?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,,, ;D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

happyhooker

Greetings, CSX, from Minnesota USA.

Frank