What happened here??

Started by foakes, September 11, 2023, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Weird...

Hope it wasn't any of our members!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Should we feel sorry for the winner, or happy for the seller?

JasonGotaProblem

Man! I got a NIBB (new in busted box) 330N I should tell the winning bidder about.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

scrinch

Ouch! I was at a fundraiser auction years ago, and a set of 3 bottles of Screaming Eagle Cabernet went up for auction. The bidding was intense up through $4000, then $4500, and then $5000, at which point there were only two bidders left. The guy who hadn't bid $5000 decided to raise the bid one more time, so he raised both of his hands in the air with all his fingers raised. I firmly believe he was trying to convey $5500 since the bids had been going up in $500 increments, but the auctioneer saw all those fingers and exclaimed "We have a bid of $10,000!" Ouch! He won the auction with that bid. I hope he enjoyed the wine!

Midway Tommy

More than one fool in that gaggle of bidders!  :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Crab Pot

Kind-a makes you wonder what else bisides the reel was in that box.... >:D
Buy it nice or buy it twice.