DAM QUICK 4000 FD - Limited Edition

Started by denis0007dl, September 12, 2023, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denis0007dl

Hi everyone from Croatia!

Anybody have experience with DAM QUICK 4000 FD - Limited Edition reel?

I have one on my way.

Denis

foakes

Good reels, Denis —-

Limited Edition.

This was DQ's recent tribute to manufacturing a modern reel with metal parts —- while including the historically solid and proven German engineering of 65 years years —- coupled with a partnership with another solid modern reel-maker...Okuma.

I have a couple of 4000's & a couple of smaller 1000's all New in their boxes, spare spools, all paperwork, presentation boxes —- if anyone wants one.

These were limited and now discontinued.

I believe that these were manufactured to make a point —- and it cost more to produce these than they sold for.

Great values!  Great reels!

And, Welcome aboard!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

denis0007dl

Thanxs fro repyl Fred,

WOW, what an amazing collection you have!

Denis

nelz

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

denis0007dl

I find info that one bearing have plastic, could it be truth, and how alarmate is it?
Its seen on 8th image here in link
https://mulinete.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/dam-quick-fd/

Denis

foakes

Quote from: denis0007dl on September 12, 2023, 05:37:46 PMI find info that one bearing have plastic, could it be truth, and how alarmate is it?
Its seen on 8th image here in link
https://mulinete.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/dam-quick-fd/

Denis

Not an issue, Denis —-

I think the only bearing that has plastic is the A/R (anti-reverse clutch bearing —- which is acceptable and typical) bearing —- the rest are steel.

As one looks at the photos of the insides of this reel —- it is easy to spot the quality components & materials encased in an aircraft-grade aluminum body.

Little bit of old in a modern reel.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

denis0007dl

Interesting,

any idea why anti-reverse clutch bearing there is not made from full metal?

Do you know is full metal bearing down below of it?

Denis

foakes

Quote from: denis0007dl on September 12, 2023, 06:35:16 PMInteresting,

any idea why anti-reverse clutch bearing there is not made from full metal?

Do you know is full metal bearing down below of it?

Denis

—————————————————

Looks to be mostly SS metal, Denis —-

I don't want to take this one any further apart —- since it is new and goes back in the presentation box.

It likely just has a plastic, enclosed cage around the A/R roller bearings for smoothness, quietness, and availability.

These are extremely well built.

Even the quality-control person hand-signed the lifetime guarantee in the Passport.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

JasonGotaProblem

I'm not familiar with any reel with a full metal one way roller clutch. I'm not sure I've ever seen an all metal roller clutch in general. Not to say they don't exist, but I've never seen one.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

denis0007dl

Amazing images from your dear Fred.

Judging by your second and third images, are there on top and bottom bearings between CLUTCH??

Amazing infos from you guys here!  :d

Denis

denis0007dl

BTW, any idea what would be best gerasse or oil for lubricate in future gear, and bearings etc in that expensive reel?

I usually use Wurth HHS 2000, Wurth HHS 5000, and Nyogel 767A gerasse.

Let me know whats high end products by your experience in these regards  :fish

nelz

Denis, there are many discussions about lubricants on this website, just do a little searching, you will find more than you ever wanted, lol.  ;D

denis0007dl

OMG, I checked threads, and thats a tons of informations LOL.

My DAM 4000 FD new reel dont have SN letters before numbers.

I see most have SN letters before numbers.

Does anyone else experience same without SN?

Also, anyone knows is it same reel mechanically etc if packed in lovely blue box, and others which selling in normal coloured caron boxes, and I even saw in full white boxes and original packaging.

quang tran

I bought it on Ebay auction 5 years ago ,not same quality as older Dam Quick .Fairly good reel and I pay only $65.00 .Made by Okuma in China . Now I want to look for A Royal MDS 2500 size ,I'm not a collector just want to fish with it