Penn 50VISX Clicker not loud

Started by drichitt, September 13, 2023, 06:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drichitt

I have recently bought my first two Penn International reels...50VISX. Clickers on each are not all that loud when compared to any one of my Senator reels. Just bought my 3rd Penn International, a 50VISW. Now the VISW reel has a noticeably louder clicker. Is there a way to make the clickers on the VISX reels louder?  Thanks

JasonGotaProblem

Did you buy new or used? If used they may be worn out and the answer is a new clicker
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

drichitt

They were brand new with sealed boxes.

Squidder Bidder

Are you pulling line off the reel with the lever in strike or just manipulating the spool against the clicker? Did you try manipulating the clicker screw a bit?

I have several and the clicker is loud enough when a fish takes line.

Donnyboat

Yes Mr Bidder is correct, so place your drag into gear, & make sure you clicker is on. pull plenty of line of as you test it, there is an adjustment nut inside the face plate 1/2", if its not loud enough, but being new reels, Penn should have to do it for you, there is plenty of tutorials in the international section, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

drichitt

The clicker not being loud enough is when a Wahoo strikes with the drag lever at strike. I will check the clicker nut as recommended by Misters Sqidder and Donnyboat. Thank you for the responses. I have refurbished/serviced many Senator reels over the years thanks to this site and Alan Tani. This will be my first time cracking open an International.