JS prototype 9'6" ,moderate blank survives 15 plus kg on a machine test

Started by ksong, September 19, 2023, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I am very happy to see the prototype 9'6" moderate blank survives 15 kg (33 lb) on a machine test.
Ans the action is truly parabolic.
I can wait to test the surf rods for big striper.

farmer56

farmer56 here, will this blank be baitcasting or spinning , i would think could be made either .  BUT will you make any two-piece thanks dennis

ksong

It is two pieces rod with 50:50 split.
You plan to make spinning rods only But you can buy blanks to make conventional rods

farmer56

Swami805

Be hard to make that into a conventional rod if it bends like that. It would take a lot of guides to keep the line from touching the blank
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shellbelly

Quote from: Swami805 on September 20, 2023, 12:54:46 AMIt would take a lot of guides
Yes, it would, but I like the length.  I'm 5'-9" tall so this length is perfect for my casting and fighting ergonomics.  9'-6"/1-6 oz is very versatile.  With two of these 6oz rods, you could cover your stationary and wade fishing needs.  With 3, you'd be a busy guy with two in the ground and one in hand.  2-piece is convenient. 

One thing I'm concerned about is bending so close to where the reel seat would be installed on a conventional surf casting rod.  Personally, I don't like that to happen....and I know this is an extreme test.  I don't know if this example is the 4 or 6-oz model.  If not the 6oz here, then the 6oz may allow for better guide spacing? 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)