ABU 10,000C anti reverse

Started by borntofish, September 19, 2023, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borntofish

Any ideas about this problem. The anti-reverse isn't working. I seems to work fine when I partially disassemble it - but when I put it back together and pull line off the drag the anti-reverse pawl pops off. Maybe there is too much play in the drag stack? I replaced the drag washers with carbontex cut from a sheet - perhaps they are a too thin? Also, the plastic part that sits below the star wheel is broken.   

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

borntofish

Not at the movement. There also seem to be an excessive amount of lateral play in the handle - probably why the pawl is popping off.

JasonGotaProblem

Do you have the screw or c clip installed that keeps the gear sleeve from floating away?

borntofish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 20, 2023, 12:26:08 AMDo you have the screw or c clip installed that keeps the gear sleeve from floating away?

Didn't see one - doesn't appear to be in the schematics either:

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/Abu%20Garcia/Schematics/10000C%2069-11-00.PDF

JasonGotaProblem

This, from your 2nd link would explain lateral play and a jumping off AR dog.

Swami805

Is it a pawl with those copper "ears"?  Might be the play you're referring to or the ears are bent
Do what you can with that you have where you are

borntofish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 20, 2023, 12:48:09 AMThis, from your 2nd link would explain lateral play and a jumping off AR dog.

There wasn't a clip when I dissembled it - the photo series is from a later model.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: borntofish on September 20, 2023, 12:55:43 AM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 20, 2023, 12:48:09 AMThis, from your 2nd link would explain lateral play and a jumping off AR dog.

There wasn't a clip when I dissembled it - the photo series is from a later model.
Then the previous owner lost it?

borntofish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 20, 2023, 12:57:50 AM
Quote from: borntofish on September 20, 2023, 12:55:43 AM

Then the previous owner lost it?

No it's a different design - nowhere for a clip to fit on.

borntofish

An update for those interested. It was missing a couple of spacer washers - hence the excessive side play and the pawl popping off - as well as the retaining washer being broken (does a similar job to the circlip in the photos).

It still wasn't working correctly - slipping and uneven under drag. I had given up - then had the idea perhaps it was the top transfer gear. So I swapped one from and old red ABU 9000 (supposed to be the same part). It worked perfectly so I ordered a new one. Didn't even have to pay postage from overseas as a reel repairer here in Australia had a few for only $28 AUD.