1984 50W 2speed frame conversion to one-piece Accurate AF-50WI??

Started by stoker, September 20, 2023, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoker

$129 plus shipping is tough pill to swallow!any insight would be great.original tube frame with chrome real seat/base.thanks

Bill B

Welcome to the sight.  I'm not quite understanding what you are asking.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Depends what you plan to fish with it. If it's 50lb mono that post frame was designed for should be fine stock. If you're going to use it with heavy braid the frame would be good. A lot of it depends on how much drag the reel is capable of producing
Do what you can with that you have where you are

stoker

Quote from: Swami805 on September 20, 2023, 07:28:33 PMDepends what you plan to fish with it. If it's 50lb mono that post frame was designed for should be fine stock. If you're going to use it with heavy braid the frame would be good. A lot of it depends on how much drag the reel is capable of producing
i upgraded drag washer to modern carbon fiber,and reconfigured belleville washers.easily getting around 27-29LBs drag at  strike without looseing freespool.lined with 130lb Seaguar threadlock hollow core braid.Plan to troll Madmacs for BFT and BET.Rod is phenix Axis rail max rated to 130LB

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

stoker

Quote from: Swami805 on September 21, 2023, 05:31:20 AMWith all that an upgraded frame would be a wise choice
Thanks,probably will go that route..was hopeing to hear that someone else has done the Accurate frame upgrade to hear how easy a swap,and any helpful hints?

alantani

it should be a direct switch.  you'll have to remove the quadrant, the chromed arch, to get to all of the right side plate screws.  that's the only hassle. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stoker

Quote from: alantani on September 22, 2023, 03:35:46 PMit should be a direct switch.  you'll have to remove the quadrant, the chromed arch, to get to all of the right side plate screws.  that's the only hassle. 
thanks bud,still want to setup date to come see you and respool the Seaguar threadlock 130LB

alantani

if you can get the frame, bring it down with the reel and i can switch it out for you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!