Zebco Cardinal 4 Bearing Size?

Started by jgp12000, September 22, 2023, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I haven't found the measurements yet for the Zebco Cardinal 4 Bearing yet. I know it's the same size for C6/7.Is this bearing pressed on or will it just slide over
the pinion worm gear after the snap ring is removed? I have ordered bearings for other reels on Amazon by size number and you get more for your money plus enough to share. I have only done this on Penn 712 and DQ 265.It made a world of difference, just experimenting to see the results.

Midway Tommy

Haven't measured one, never felt the need to yet, but they remove easily. They pull right out of the pocket and slide right off the pinion. The toughest part is usually squeezing the retaining ring down enough to lift it out of the groove.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Pulled an old "4" out of the batcave just now.

Bearing just slides off.

Here are the measurements:

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

Tom,
my C4 is sooo smooth I don't think it can get better.I ain't touching it.Thanks Fred!