Abu Ambassadeur 5600 C5 Mag X left plate headache- ho to resassemble

Started by pointbob, September 23, 2023, 02:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

So I took apart my  Abu Ambassadeur 5600 C5 Mag. When I took off the left side there was tension (like a watch backplate) and when i removed it a metal thingy popped off. Now I'm having a hard time (fail) reassembling it. I've never seen a mag assembly before ad I've been using abus for 20 gears. Can anyway give me some tips (a VIDEO WOULDBE AMAZING) on how to put the left side back together properly? The schematics are no help for my small brain. (ps the video below does everything but take apart the left side of course)

Patience comes to those who wait

pointbob

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 23, 2023, 02:49:09 AMhttps://www.google.com/search?q=I+Abu+Garcia+Mag+elite+make+that+video&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:bc08df5c,vid:DTlrULWk2bE,st:0

Ha ha!
I finally did it, yippee lol!
Try that link I hope I'm allowed to do that?

hey thanks so much..worked great...except those abus have a physical spool tensioner on the left side plate.

mine is the mag slider mechanism that controls the  tensioner...in the re-assembly there are some fussy parts i cannot get aligned...here is a schematic  blow up of the problem area...esp parts 23506/23501/1126622/25222

ExcessiveAngler

Then you have a dome side Abu!
I have a 4600 c4 AL mag trax here, should be the same reel you have with one less bearing!
As far as I knew, they assemble the same way?
You might have to take something thin, like a business card to help slide the spring into place, as you move the slider up and down a little bit and try to catch it!
I don't know, that I'll have time tonight, but if nobody else comes up with anything!
I will, take a little video of my Abu!
But that's the video I used, when I took mine apart, and did, the same thing you did, LMAO!

pointbob

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 23, 2023, 03:14:29 AMThen you have a dome side Abu!
I have a 4600 c4 AL mag trax here, should be the same reel you have with one less bearing!
As far as I knew, they assemble the same way?
You might have to take something thin, like a business card to help slide the spring into place, as you move the slider up and down a little bit and try to catch it!
I don't know, that I'll have time tonight, but if nobody else comes up with anything!
I will, take a little video of my Abu!
But that's the video I used, when I took mine apart, and did, the same thing you did, LMAO!

thank you.

i didn't actually get to see your video...it only opened to a google search page with lots of vids..but could not find yours

https://www.google.com/search?q=I+Abu+Garcia+Mag+elite+make+that+video&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA895CA895&oq=I+Abu+Garcia+Mag+elite+make+that+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.1488249j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ExcessiveAngler

Not sure what's going on?
But if I click my link up top, it takes me right to an old Abu repair video by "spud gun" and shows exactly how to assemble it!
When I clicked on your link, it took me to the other videos you were talking about?

ExcessiveAngler

Look for this video, should be right at the top, all do you have to do is click visit!
This is a picture of the video I'm talking about!

pointbob

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 23, 2023, 09:27:58 PMLook for this video, should be right at the top, all do you have to do is click visit!

excellent...saved my bacon! thank you

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: pointbob on September 24, 2023, 12:34:37 AM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 23, 2023, 09:27:58 PMLook for this video, should be right at the top, all do you have to do is click visit!

excellent...saved my bacon! thank you

Not a problem at all brother!
That's what we're all here for!
I'm on the other end myself a lot to, amazing what you can learn here!
Funny thing is, I was just going to ask you, how you made out lol!
So, now I have my answer lol!